Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   DP today... DURING WORK HOURS??? (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=21211)

Big T 03-12-2014 09:12 AM

DP today... DURING WORK HOURS???

Oh man... the guilt is gonna kill me. I'm gonna do what I see so many people do... just grab a barebones load of the yak, a rod or two and a bait stick with some frozen squid and just go fishing for a few hours for da feesh.

I don't do this... ever. I usually plan and plan and plan... then cancel on myself then plan again.....

Never do I just pick up my shit and go!

So... if anyone is gonna be out there from about 11am to 2pm... I will be moving around a bit in a sand x-13. Say hi. I will be on 72 as well. Launching from Doheny.

William Novotny 03-12-2014 09:20 AM

Haha, have fun playing hooky.

Raskal311 03-12-2014 12:03 PM

I know what your mean! Even after they gave me layoff notice I took off half day on my last week of work and fished NP. Felt guilty after..... I'm salary so technically I could if I didn't have any work and I didn't. Been sitting around for six weeks with no work; my India replacement has been taking care of everything.

jorluivil 03-12-2014 12:04 PM

I wish it was that easy for me.

alanw 03-12-2014 12:25 PM

11-2 only? If you're gonna do it at least do it right :the_finger:

kauaiboy04 03-12-2014 01:30 PM

nothing beats fishing ON a day of work! hehe...

makobob 03-12-2014 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kauaiboy04 (Post 185889)
nothing beats fishing ON a day of work! hehe...

Nice, but better yet get YOUR commercial license and fish every day, or just retire.

kauaiboy04 03-12-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 185892)
Nice, but better yet get YOUR commercial license and fish every day, or just retire.

:iagree:

Casey 03-12-2014 05:41 PM

How was is today?

Big T 03-12-2014 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanw (Post 185874)
11-2 only? If you're gonna do it at least do it right :the_finger:

Had to pick up my daughter by 3. :( ..... I mean... Yay I get to see my daughter at 3:00:luxhello: LOL

Twas a fun few hours.

alanw 03-12-2014 07:19 PM

It looked blown out today, looking to go out this weekend sometime.

Big T 03-12-2014 07:38 PM

Nah... the weather was perfect! Wind was really slow... Saw a shit load of false killer whales that I thought were dolphins at first!! Awesome!!! Went right by. Probably won't see THAT again!

PE.rider 03-12-2014 11:53 PM

~~NOTICE~~

It looks like someone broke into your BWE accounts and posted false reports about you guys fishing.

We know this NEVER happened from the syslog reports on the server...

Though the Photoshop pics look incriminating, your head looks like it was matted and stitched, and pasted on.

Just goes to show how those Eastern European hackers have too much time on their hands making hard-working Americans look like they'd rather be fishing than contributing to their companies' bottom-line. Shame on those hackers...

God Bless the USA!!!!

PE.rider 03-13-2014 10:40 PM

:o Losing my touch at humor... I'll stick to fishing then. :reeling:

Gerry 03-13-2014 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PE.rider (Post 185958)
~~NOTICE~~

It looks like someone broke into your BWE accounts and posted false reports about you guys fishing.

We know this NEVER happened from the syslog reports on the server...

Though the Photoshop pics look incriminating, your head looks like it was matted and stitched, and pasted on.

Just goes to show how those Eastern European hackers have too much time on their hands making hard-working Americans look like they'd rather be fishing than contributing to their companies' bottom-line. Shame on those hackers...

God Bless the USA!!!!

???

Big T 03-14-2014 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PE.rider (Post 186075)
:o Losing my touch at humor... I'll stick to fishing then. :reeling:

But what if you've lost your touch at fishing?? Then what?? All is lost!!

I think I got the joke... but it was just TOO funny is all. So funny nobody knew how to respond.... Yeah... that's it. Too funny. ;)

PE.rider 03-14-2014 11:24 AM

Lol. Not good at fishing either... still worth trying :D

Concocting the joke is always funnier after crawling back from an evening at the pub... The crowd there is also at a handicap in terms of sense of humor :)...

Drink 6 beers and read it again... not funny? Drink 6 more beers
... still not funny? Keep drinking until it doesn't matter anymore.

PE.rider 03-14-2014 11:30 AM

Me thinks I was going for the setup of plausible deniability for you guys in case your employers saw the post... it is only funny to those of us who have played hookie to do what we do on that plastic...

Maybe I'll see you at DP next month when I play hookie... You can grab a brewski from my cooler.

Big T 03-14-2014 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PE.rider (Post 186102)
Me thinks I was going for the setup of plausible deniability for you guys in case your employers saw the post... it is only funny to those of us who have played hookie to do what we do on that plastic...

Maybe I'll see you at DP next month when I play hookie... You can grab a brewski from my cooler.

Ahhhh... see, it all makes sense. I have only had 3 beers, but now I get it!!!

Ok... Joke lesson for the day: Instead of starting the joke with "~~NOTICE~~" Try starting off with "~~NOTICE TO ALL EMPLOYERS~~" And then reword it as a warning that any fishing reports seen on this website within the last three days have been the product of thread terrorism!!! All posts have been fabricated by hackers from the Ukraine.

... The REAL comedy is that it took me almost 3 full minutes to find the "~" key!! I was like,"WTF?? Where the fawk is it??!!!"