Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Just saw the Jackson Cuda 12 on the front page of the website.... (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=18121)

PE.rider 05-16-2013 02:41 PM

Just saw the Jackson Cuda 12 on the front page of the website....

drooling.... may have to pull the trigger on my upgrade sooner than later...:eek:

Sdspeed 05-16-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PE.rider (Post 156563)
drooling.... may have to pull the trigger on my upgrade sooner than later...:eek:

I agree with ya but I've got shoulder surgery coming up, so here ya go!
A Deal:D Not Mine, unfortunately.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/boa/3796751429.html

PE.rider 05-16-2013 06:29 PM

Hope your surgery goes well and you recover soon.

That does look like a good deal... and with the rudder too. However, I'm not loving the Sprite ~ lemon/lime camo pattern.

oneyedeer 05-16-2013 06:58 PM

Looks like a giant scramble egg surface jig

Sdspeed 05-16-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PE.rider (Post 156579)
Hope your surgery goes well and you recover soon.

That does look like a good deal... and with the rudder too. However, I'm not loving the Sprite ~ lemon/lime camo pattern.

Thanks, maybe I can convince my DR. to prescribe a new kayak as Therapy.
Ya think insurance would bite?

I agree the color isn't helping the guys cause but I'd imagine it'd be highly visable on the water.

jorluivil 05-16-2013 08:01 PM

I've never seen one of these kayaks, are they pretty stable? It looks like it could be top heavy.

Jimmyz123 05-17-2013 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PE.rider (Post 156563)

Just throwing this out, have you test paddled the Moken yet? I'll be happy to meet up with you and let you paddle mine so you can see how they paddle. Nothing wrong with the Jackson Kayaks, they are nice kayaks, but I was just wondering if you've checked out the Mokens.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...ps3984e200.jpg

Jimmyz123 05-17-2013 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sdspeed (Post 156573)

If you learn to paddle correctly you shouldn't feel much in your shoulders. I paddled for 8 miles when I first started and felt it at the end of the day because I used my shoulders and wrist too much on forcing the paddling. Then I learned how to properly paddle and it's made a world of difference.

I also have rotator cuff issues in both shoulder and after learning how to paddle the right way they have felt better.

Sdspeed 05-17-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 (Post 156610)
If you learn to paddle correctly you shouldn't feel much in your shoulders. I paddled for 8 miles when I first started and felt it at the end of the day because I used my shoulders and wrist too much on forcing the paddling. Then I learned how to properly paddle and it's made a world of difference.

I also have rotator cuff issues in both shoulder and after learning how to paddle the right way they have felt better.

After this next surgery Jimmy I'll get in touch with ya and maybe you can give a rookie some proper paddling tips to minimize pain or more injury.
Always nice to toss ideas around with someone who's had simuliar issues.
Like your new ride:D

PE.rider 05-17-2013 04:04 PM

The Mokens are on my shortlist... I really like the new hatches and the new rails. My current ride on the water is already very similar... (made by same factory).

It's just that the updated chair-type on the Native Watercraft and Jacksons seem to be the new way to go.

May just take you up on that offer when I get closer to my purchase.

Thanks!

JarrodMc 05-19-2013 08:31 PM

It seems like every time somebody asks about a Jackson, the Moken name comes up. If somebody asks about a Hobie, do people recommend trying out a Malibu first?!?!

momo fish 05-19-2013 09:57 PM

popcorn...:grouphug: lol

but do agree.. I call it thread highjacking

Quote:

Originally Posted by JarrodMc (Post 156766)
It seems like every time somebody asks about a Jackson, the Moken name comes up. If somebody asks about a Hobie, do people recommend trying out a Malibu first?!?!

scotty1369 05-24-2013 08:02 AM

has anyone compared the Cuda 12 to the 14? I would consider jumping on this if i knew a 12 footer would do well in LJ.

carbonbass 05-24-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 (Post 156610)

Not to thread jack but can you pm me some tips about "proper" paddling? Idk if i am doing it wrong or right but i do definitely feel it in my shoulders at times.

oneyedeer 05-24-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carbonbass (Post 157298)
Not to thread jack but can you pm me some tips about "proper" paddling? Idk if i am doing it wrong or right but i do definitely feel it in my shoulders at times.

a new thread on the topic should be nice

nitsuj 05-24-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JarrodMc (Post 156766)

That's the wonder of the interwebs pro staffers

scotty1369 05-25-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sdspeed (Post 156573)

Im picking up that yak next saturday in long beach!

Sdspeed 05-25-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotty1369 (Post 157402)
Im picking up that yak next saturday in long beach!

Xcellent :D

JarrodMc 05-27-2013 11:24 AM

The Cuda 14 is good for our style fishing because it's stable and it covers ground quickly. The Cuda 12 would work out here but it's a little wider to compensate for the length without losing stability. You are able to stand up fish on both. Both are good boats.

jbaker 05-27-2013 08:23 PM

I've paddled both, the 12 is nice but better suited to smaller waters. Ponds, lakes, bays ect. It would be fine in LJ but if the wind or swell kicked up it would make for a bumpy ride. A smaller boat is nicer off the water for transporting and storage but the longer boat is better on the water. If you are looking for 12' kayak options from Jackson the cruise is a sleeper. Super stable and nice open deck layout. Sight fishing skinny water in the back bays would be killer on the cruise especially if you fly fish.