Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Anybody flip LJ on Sat 4/6 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=17641)

Old Man in the Sea 04-07-2013 07:16 AM

Anybody flip LJ on Sat 4/6

Found a black battery at the launch yesterday - it you lost one PM me- ...:kayak-surfer:

jaws197 04-07-2013 03:22 PM

I saw a yellow PA flip and roll saturday morning early on the web cam....:eek:

I felt really bad for the guy as he dumped in chest high water and kept getting hammered by the short duration waves!:eek::eek::eek:

Might have been his.

JeffB 04-07-2013 03:24 PM

PM yakman619, he was the one in the yellow PA...

Sorry to throw you out there, just hoping you get all that you lost....

yakman619 04-07-2013 03:27 PM

Haha...Let me take a look. I'm pretty sure I have my battery, but I'll double check.

yakman619 04-07-2013 03:30 PM

It's not mine, but I was the poor bastard you saw on the webcam. Hopefully whoever lost their battery lost it under better circumstances :D Thanks for looking out Jeff.

jaws197 04-07-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yakman619 (Post 152952)
It's not mine, but I was the poor bastard you saw on the webcam. Hopefully whoever lost their battery lost it under better circumstances :D Thanks for looking out Jeff.

DUDE!:eek:

That looked painful! I hope you came out with nothing worse than your dignity hurt? I honestly was hurting for you in sympathy! I am on standby for my first yard sale.....I can most definitely wait:(

JeffB 04-07-2013 03:43 PM

Now when I rolled up first thing in the morning before anyone had launched yet there was a big battery left there. Looked to be abandoned. It was missing a terminal on it and sitting on top of the divider walls.

yakman619 04-07-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaws197 (Post 152954)

That looked painful! I hope you came out with nothing worse than your dignity hurt? I honestly was hurting for you in sympathy! I am on standby for my first yard sale.....I can most definitely wait:(

I left with a missing debit card, bent mirage drive, and snapped one of the tie downs on my bait tank. I was pretty lucky. My wallet washed onto my capsized PA as I was getting pounded. I recovered it but lost my debit card and drivers license. My biggest concern was losing my drivers license, what a pain in the ass to replace....Luckily, as I neared the shore my drivers license floated right past me.

It really wasn't too bad, though it was definitely humbling. I had no concerns as to whether or not I would make it past the surf, my concern has always been landing. Lesson learned.

Speaking of landing, how did yours go Jeff? Time it right? I felt bad for you and the guys on the tandem, I wouldn't have wanted to land in that surf.

yakman619 04-07-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaws197 (Post 152954)

I wish I could see the footage!

Old Man in the Sea 04-07-2013 07:08 PM

yes Jeff that is the battery i figured to pick it up and put a post for lost and found...so maybe a late friday flip...

JeffB 04-07-2013 07:42 PM

I timed it right and cruised in, but last sec I got turned sideways and bailed out. It was ok though bc I stowed away all my gear inside my hull. I managed to pin my kayak between me and the wave. It hit slammed into me, but it was all good. I got greedy trying to ride the wave all the way in. The surf was smaller when i came in than it was for the launch.