Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Alright... (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=17406)

MrM 03-20-2013 06:31 PM

Alright...

Who's been dressing up at night? The seal lady is going to have a fit over this one. :rolleyes:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/20/us/ani...html?hpt=hp_c2

ful-rac 03-20-2013 06:53 PM

Thats riddiculous....the seal lady finally got what she wanted...:the_finger: funny thing is thats probably her messn with the seals. I dont think the mayor realises how many seals there actually are...friggn millions!:eek: and they're eating all of the fishes in the precious mlpa zones and reserves....:the_finger: what a waste...

CheapPelican 03-20-2013 07:04 PM

No over night patrols? I'll get my club:viking:

blitzburgh 03-20-2013 07:11 PM

All the more reason those animals should have been relocated long ago. It is called the Children's Pool for a reason. I love the clear, non-biased reporting by CNN too. No mention of what the pools intended purpose is and throw in other random animal abuse act from around the country as if it has anything to do with this. Not to mention, how do we even know this wasn't a total staged event to begin with. The whole thing really grinds my gears (blatant Peter Griffin reference :D). But seriously...

madncrzydm 03-21-2013 01:47 AM

looks staged to me....eco nazi propaganda at its finest.

Redeyejedi 03-21-2013 09:21 AM

:eek:

staged? really?

guess i'm an eco-terrorist-granola-greeny cause i love animals and want clean oceans to fish surf and swim, pristine forests to wheel, camp hike and shoot in, and uncontaminated rivers and lakes to enjoy as well. so if i pack-in-pack out, and clean trash on the trail and advocate for stiffer penalties for polluters...i'm a #LABEL?

seems to me, industry has done an impeccable job in re-framing the definitions of:
environmentalism, patriotism, terrorism, capitalism, racism....etc
/rant

blitzburgh 03-21-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeyejedi (Post 151286)
:eek:

staged? really?

guess i'm an eco-terrorist-granola-greeny cause i love animals and want clean oceans to fish surf and swim, pristine forests to wheel, camp hike and shoot in, and uncontaminated rivers and lakes to enjoy as well. so if i pack-in-pack out, and clean trash on the trail and advocate for stiffer penalties for polluters...i'm a #LABEL?

seems to me, industry has done an impeccable job in re-framing the definitions of:
environmentalism, patriotism, terrorism, capitalism, racism....etc
/rant

I don't think anyone here would disagree with you about wanting those things. In this day and age of mob-mentality media coverage where "journalists" don't even fact check, is it unreasonable to think this could have been staged? See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manti_Te'o

FishNinjaY 03-21-2013 10:44 AM

interesting.. no mention of how these sea lions are over-protected, and now pretty much over-populated..

Oh well.. I've seen worse.. check out these idiots: :the_finger:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2046313.html

:icon_bs:

ful-rac 03-21-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitzburgh (Post 151291)
I don't think anyone here would disagree with you about wanting those things. In this day and age of mob-mentality media coverage where "journalists" don't even fact check, is it unreasonable to think this could have been staged? See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manti_Te'o

I sure don't disagree with those things...I like animals, clean oceans, to fish surf and swim, pristine forests to wheel, camp hike and shoot in, and uncontaminated rivers and lakes to enjoy....unfortunately the media in this country has mostly become corrupt and clearly push a certain agenda...this story seems just too perfect...because any sane reasonable person would not have done what those 2 idoits did.

I also want people and thier children to have access to, and enjoy the enviornment, does that make me a gun weilding tea party extremist, psyco killer, racist, animal abuser polluter? No...but if you disagree with the program...geez talk about #LABELS....

Redeyejedi 03-21-2013 11:16 AM

we are responsible for our actions, and often times our actions rely on information we have, so fact checking OUR responsibility.
if some yahoo claimed MLPA reopened all formally closed areas, and we believed it, fished said areas but got fined for fishing....the excuse that, "well bob said it was cool, so i thought..." ignorance is no excuse.
just saying...

in reality, we are all in it together: we all on this derailing train headed into a wall. i thinks it more important to get along at the lower rungs of the ladder than to be divided pointing fingers and complaining to those at the top. (when did ever listen to what the people have to say.)

and as to overpopulated....only humans are. if there are "too many" in an area, it's a human's perception of that, as most of the time, nature has checks and balances. it's human involvement that disrupts those equilibrium. ie. commercial overfishing, pollution, invasive species introduction, habitat loss, etc...the issues "environmentalists" take dear to heart and fight for to preserve the resources for our children.

we have more in common than we have that separates us, yet the media has us all quarreling over divisive issues that when framed properly, most people actually agree.

Tman 03-21-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeyejedi (Post 151295)
we are responsible for our actions, and often times our actions rely on information we have, so fact checking OUR responsibility.

Facts skewered by the eco-nazis were something we dealt with through the entire MLPA BS.
Quote:

in reality, we are all in it together: we all on this derailing train headed into a wall. i thinks it more important to get along at the lower rungs of the ladder than to be divided pointing fingers and complaining to those at the top. (when did ever listen to what the people have to say.)

True, again, read top sentence...we were warned of an impending train wreck at the very first meeting...

Quote:

and as to overpopulated....only humans are. if there are "too many" in an area, it's a human's perception of that, as most of the time, nature has checks and balances. it's human involvement that disrupts those equilibrium. ie. commercial overfishing, pollution, invasive species introduction, habitat loss, etc...the issues "environmentalists" take dear to heart and fight for to preserve the resources for our children.

Totally disagree...it is Children's Pool for a reason, believe it or not, 15+ years ago, they weren't there, and to dive that area was like swimming in a huge aquarium...the only 'overpopulation' going on is the seals and sea lions. I doubt you can say that about the fish in that area.

Nothing but BS media slanted again, the ecos are not fighting to "preserve" the resources for our children, they want to take away our childrens' rights to access these resources, just to be clear on that one.

Do not tell me that you are that naive to believe they are there helping us...just the opposite. And we are not divided, we know all the bullshit they have been putting us through, just to be clear on that.

Bottom line - that area was meant for children, wackos think its best that the seals use it (um, you do know they eat fish...lots of it), so don't expect too many people to see anything wrong with evicting squatters...:sifone: