Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Yakfest lures arrived today! (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=15212)

MrPatrick 09-14-2012 06:33 PM

Yakfest lures arrived today!

I sent an e-mail a while back to Overstockbait.com to let them know how much I appreciated there personal service and great prices. In the e-mail I let them know about our first Yakfest and how fun it was. I let them know about the lures I gave out and how well some worked. Bill Luder responded back with a big thank you and asked if he had ever sent me some free lures. I said no but any little bit would be appreciated. He said, he would send some luresmy way.

Well............................... The box came today and it had some heft to it. I opened the box and my wife a d I were shocked at what was in it!

56!!!! Bags of small grubs! Some 3" and some 2.5" in assorted colors. Talk about above and beyond. Each bag has 5 grubs each. These will be fun to try at next Yakfest. It looks like we have an unofficial sponsor for Yakfest II!

Looking forward to the next Yakfest! Let's make it bigger and better!

Thanks again to Bill Luder and Overstockbait.com:you_rock:
Patrick

KatFish 09-14-2012 09:05 PM

Great job!

mtnbykr2 09-15-2012 06:53 AM

Alright you da man...way to think ahead...but how far ahead?, are we gonna do one the same time same place or maybe just, Yakfest II whenever ....
Thanks for your effort with the goody bags...:D

tehburninator 09-15-2012 08:24 AM

i am intrigued by this yakfest you speak of.... if its on a sunday or sat... count me in :)

mtnbykr2 09-15-2012 08:56 AM

See previous Yakfest and Yakfest Alert posts...the first one was at Shelter
Island, and it was a good one, not so much for fish although there was stuff
caught, the people and friends getting together and the BBQ was alot of fun,
Hopefully the next one will be alittle sooner than later, definitely worth the trip...hope to see you all at the next one....:paddleersmilie: :reeling: :biggrinjester: :cheers1:

MrM 09-15-2012 09:14 AM

I second this 'sooner than later' idea! Great job on the lures!

sdfishman 09-15-2012 12:25 PM

Just let me know when and where.. We'll make it happen again. We should get a Yakfest mini bay tournament going.. Back of SD bay 24st/ Tidelands/SI.. LMK what you guys think..

mtnbykr2 09-15-2012 12:58 PM

yeah butt....keep us slaves in mind who have to work on Saturdays...:icon_bs:

sdfishman 09-15-2012 01:07 PM

Same here I work 7 days a week.. 1 or 2 months notice should be enough.
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtnbykr2 (Post 133251)
yeah butt....keep us slaves in mind who have to work on Saturdays...:icon_bs:

MrPatrick 09-15-2012 03:26 PM

Tidelands

Tidelands is great area to fish. The park is real nice with swings and such for the kids. There are also picnic tables with big shade trees overhead. My favorite bay launch by far. Oh and a skatepark too.