Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Note to self! Listen to my hubby : ( (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=14288)

KatFish 07-07-2012 04:39 PM

Note to self! Listen to my hubby : (

2 Attachment(s)
Here it goes! We ran out of bait about 2:30 or so and decided to head home. So we all head into the Shelter Island boat dock. We always get off on the dock so we don't scratch the bottom getting out of the boat launch and we don't get sand everywhere going from the beach. Ok well I'm on the dock with the hubby and he pulls all his gear and goes to get the truck. I pull mine out onto the dock. I then proceed to put my wheels on and not paying attention my net bag with my biggest butt yet (26 inches) into the water sinking to the bottom! Within seconds my two poles I had laid on the dock concrete wall thing.....
Well from me moving around trying to get my fish, it made the dock go up and down and one of my poles fell in and as I went to get it before it fell too far I had stepped on my other pole breaking it! (hes always telling the kid NOT to set the poles there)
Holy shit batman! Murphy's law was in full
affect!!!!

By now I'm freaking out cuz
I KNOW THE HUBBY'S gonna KILL ME!
1)lost pole
2)broken pole
3)lost dinner
Thank god when he took all his stuff the grabbed my mirage drive peddles : )
cuz I might have ran away pretending someone kidnapped me lmfao. Yes all his happened within the five minutes it took for him to pull up with the truck!
So my friend is trying to help me look for the pole and net and a guy in a wetsuit who was on a jet ski jumped in to help find them but got nervous cuz it was deeper then he tought. BY this time he arrives with the truck and my friand tells him what happened and
he laughs comes over to the dock where I am and grabs my gaff and ties some string to it. He starts tossing my gaff out to find the pole after a
couple of tries get gets my pole. So then he starts looking for he net that has the butt in it and after a couple of tosses the accidentally let go the string that has my gaff on it. So the gaffs rope was close to the top he says jump in and grab it! I said no you!
So I said Fuck it I'll jump so I did and got freaked out cuz seaweed went around my neck and the rope was gone. So I swim back to dock and he helped me out and I cut my shin on something! So I sat on the dock not sure weather to laugh or cry : (
The hubby goes to he truck I get something.
Meanwhile a guy in a boat who just docked took out his pole and put a treble hook on it and on the second toss he got my net with the butt :) yeah so by his time the hubby has his pole and starts to fish for my gaff after a couple of tries he got it. I am walking away with everything but my PRIDE! Its crazy how shit can go down so quick! Now lets hope I don't get food posioning from dinner!!! Hope you get a kick out of this I know my HUSBAND did!

MrPatrick 07-07-2012 05:15 PM

Murphy's

Your day sounds like the day a young girl had at the beach today. We were at Ponto beach in Carlsbad today. As we were leaving a young girl of about 12, comes crying out of the water with her dad. My brothers hypochondriac nephew had brought vinegar in case of jelly fish. Sure enough she was stung and he poured it on her and it helped a lot. We were finished packing and walking away from our spot, when we hear a girls scream. She had just been stung by a bee! I guess nature wanted to show her who's boss.

Glad you got your stuff back and aren't hurt bad Kat.

Yakin 07-07-2012 08:41 PM

Damn
That should heal up good.
Keep it iced and make sure to to give him a huge kiss and a big bowl of ceviche before you told him maybe a few pacificos!

StinkyMatt 07-07-2012 08:45 PM

I feel bad about all the stuff.........

But you made this story soo funny, I could almost see you trying to fish out he pole before hubby gets back......

:D

Amish Ed 07-07-2012 09:54 PM

Bad times, but a great report. Thanks for the laugh.

Bennyblanco 07-07-2012 10:10 PM

Most people would give up.glad you got it all back your pride will come back as soon as you enjoy that fillet of Hali :you_rock:

jorluivil 07-07-2012 10:18 PM

Its sounds like to was one of those days

wiredantz 07-08-2012 06:42 AM

Tough day, everyone has them. Especially George.

KatFish 07-08-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPatrick (Post 124378)
Your day sounds like the day a young girl had at the beach today. We were at Ponto beach in Carlsbad today. As we were leaving a young girl of about 12, comes crying out of the water with her dad. My brothers hypochondriac nephew had brought vinegar in case of jelly fish. Sure enough she was stung and he poured it on her and it helped a lot. We were finished packing and walking away from our spot, when we hear a girls scream. She had just been stung by a bee! I guess nature wanted to show her who's boss.

Glad you got your stuff back and aren't hurt bad Kat.

Thanks this sadly make me feel better : ) today is a new day. I'm going to get a new rod. I can laugh about this now. What a crazy day!

KatFish 07-08-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiredantz (Post 124415)
Tough day, everyone has them. Especially George.

Yeah but he couldn't control what happened this was all my fault lol I'm just glad my husbandhass a good sence of humor yesterday

Jimmyz123 07-08-2012 08:09 AM

Glad everything worked out good for you. Your reports are great, lots of detail. Did you take creative writing in school?

So when you go into the launching area do you and your hubby lift the Kayaks up on the dock and then roll them up that ramp? I always do the sand thing and trust me on low tide days, that can be a pain. I actually feel safer on the sand though. Those seal boat captains go right in the water without watching where they are going and so do others.

Where are you going shopping for another rod?

taggermike 07-08-2012 11:05 AM

That sucks. Seams that every time out on the yak is a learning experience. It's good to save the bottom of your kayak but I find getting in and out from a dock can be kinda tough. Mike

Aaron&Julie 07-08-2012 12:39 PM

LOL! Quite the story, and while Murphy's Law was in full effect, at least King Neptune returned everything, which sounded amazing that you got everything back that was in the ocean. The broken rod on the dock can't count as it wasn't in Neptune's hands, and besides it's demise was a done deal. In the end, Murphy got screwed. Nice halibuts, congrats on the PB.

KatFish 07-08-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 (Post 124433)
Glad everything worked out good for you. Your reports are great, lots of detail. Did you take creative writing

Where are you going shopping for another rod?

He just took me to west Marine and got me a combo ugly stik/penn reel was $139.99

Casey 07-09-2012 04:28 PM

Two for one

How often do you get to catch the same fish twice.

KatFish 07-09-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey (Post 124677)
How often do you get to catch the same fish twice.

And the second time around was even better lmfao

bubblehide 07-09-2012 08:29 PM

It sounds to me that when you got married, you caught a keeper!

dorado50 07-10-2012 08:56 AM

I can now see why you have insurance!! I think jimmyz is hitting on you...:p

Rotten Chum 07-10-2012 10:04 AM

My wife is NEVER says.."I should have listened" when she goofs up. She normally blames me for my directions or instructions not being clear enough. Or she will bat her pretty blue eyes and say "oops." How can you get made at that one?

Enceladus 07-10-2012 05:29 PM

It sounds like you guys have a great relationship. He probably knows how lucky he is to have his wife go fishing with him. That, and he knows he gets big brownie points by just laughing it off and not saying "I told you so!".