Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Bass pro shop 12ft ascend SOT? (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=11456)

yaky yak 09-24-2011 01:25 AM

Bass pro shop 12ft ascend SOT?

Does any one have any knowledge of this kayak? It's on sale for 375.00 and bass pro shop is offering a 6 mo. payment plan using your credit card. I read the reviews and most of them are positive.
I'm near broke, but I think I could swing that if it fits my needs of fishing off our coast here in So. Calif.
Never even heard of this kayak tell a few days ago. Thanks for any feed back

jorluivil 09-24-2011 02:56 AM

If you don't have the cash I would recommend you wait until you have enough to buy someone else's used yak. For $125 more there is a good chance you will find a used yak with all the bells and whistles.

When I was shopping around for a first yak everything looked like a good deal to me. It wasn't until I started researching what the additional cost would be on all the extras (bait tank, ff, rod holders..e.tc) that I realized that it would make more sense to get into the game with a used yak and go from there. I've been yak fishing for a little more than a year now and I still find myself tweaking this, replacing that, moving this and moving that. Hell, if you don't have the cash and only have a credit card see if you can find someone that will allow you to pay via PayPal.

bus kid 09-24-2011 08:32 AM

:iagree:

save your cash and get a used fully loaded kayak.

wade 09-24-2011 08:50 AM

i will have my Prowler 15' loaded and for sale soon...
paypal available..
it will sell instantly with all the Juju on it & a custom Squid ink paint job!
(Same kayak in my avatar, but without the 50# Yellowtail....)

kobra 09-24-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wade (Post 95558)
paypal available..

How much extra with a fifty pound yeller? :biggrinjester:

ChefT 09-24-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wade (Post 95558)
paypal available..

Talk about Juju.....
That boat has landed some big fish...
And is fast.....

pchen911 09-24-2011 09:25 PM

It doesn't look half bad. But then again, you could find a used kayak that "works" for $200 on craigslist.

For the price of the new ascend though, i'd rather get a used p-13. You can find one for $400 if you are patient. For a little more, get the used P-15.

You may want to also consider resale value if your money is tight. You can recover nearly all of the purchase price of a good used kayak. But you won't be able to recover the cost of a new second tier kayak if you were to sell it.