Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Yellowtail Sliders Recipe (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=11174)

RK 08-22-2011 07:11 PM

Yellowtail Sliders Recipe

Teriyaki Yellowtail/WSB sliders

This is a recipe that I partially ripped off from my restaurant and partially from allrecipes.com in order to create this.

Made it tonight and it was absolutely phenomenal, this is a perfect dish for those of us with significant others and or kids that enjoy fish slightly doctored up, I like my fish plain and generic but every once in a while change is good, and my girl loved it. Hope you guys do too..

Asian Coleslaw<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar<O:p</O:p
5 tablespoons olive oil<O:p</O:p
5 tablespoons creamy peanut butter<O:p</O:p
4 tablespoons soy sauce<O:p</O:p
3 tablespoons brown sugar<O:p</O:p
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger <O:p</O:p
2 tablespoons minced garlic
4 cups thinly sliced green cabbage<O:p</O:p
1-1/2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage<O:p</O:p
2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced (julienned)<O:p</O:p
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro<O:p</O:p
Directions<O:p</O:p
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, olive oil, peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic. <O:p</O:p
2. In a large bowl, mix the cabbage, red bell peppers, and cilantro. Toss with the peanut butter mixture just before serving. Chill in fridge for 20 minutes while you prepare grill.
Sliders Recipe<O:p</O:p
1 Pack Kings Hawaiian Sweet Rolls<O:p</O:p
2 YT or WSB Fillets<O:p</O:p
Teriyaki Sauce<O:p</O:p
Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
When Coals are ready, dry fillets well with a paper towel and sprinkle Lawry’s on both sides. Place Fillets on grill and towards the end of the cooking process spread teriyaki sauce on all sides of the fillets, flip fillets, continue to cook for one more minute.<O:p</O:p
Cut fish into 2*2 cubes<O:p</O:p
Place a small spoonful of coleslaw on the bottom slider and place fish on top of coleslaw add a small tablespoon of teriyaki on top. <O:p</O:p
Serve sliders with a generous scoop of coleslaw on the side..<O:p</O:p
Enjoy!!!!<O:p</O:p

Handymansd 08-22-2011 07:34 PM

Well it sure sounds good...

taggermike 08-23-2011 12:41 PM

Thanks for the recipe RK. It reminds me down south, they put cole slaw on about every thing. I think I'll swap out olive oil and use sesami oil instead. Mike

RK 08-23-2011 12:52 PM

Yeah Mike the original recipe called for veggie oil, but used olive to be healthier..Sesmae would be great too :cheers1:

blitzburgh 08-23-2011 02:07 PM

Damn I'm hungry! :drool5: