Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Woke up sore (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=10544)

bigbarrels 06-15-2011 08:09 AM

Woke up sore

Man I must be out of shape but I sure needed an upper body workout after switching over to the Revo. Yesterday I hooked into what turned out to be a BSB (125-150lbs) and fought the thing for around 20 minutes. Such a a magnificent and powerful animal......after getting my hook out I pushed it through the water a few times and pointed its head downward and he bolted......it wacked me with his tail and threw spray into my face......all caught on the GoPro....:) I woke up today feeling as if I lifted weights at the gym and have a bruise in my pelvis from the butt end of the pole.....does anyone use a fishing rod belt on the yak? I have one and think I might try it out......

Cloudy all day with no signs of YT for me, no WSB, bait was hard to come by and the wind was perfect......off the water by 1:30.....

pchen911 06-15-2011 10:43 AM

Nice. Catching a kayak BSB is a great experience... One that I don't want to do again.

maui jim 06-15-2011 01:31 PM

I use my Black Belt fighting belt...the less expensive one (Nylon ) added plastic clips to the belt so it snaps onto the seat padeyes in front which is at the perfect position on the deck of the kayak between the legs.

Works great!!:cool:

I can still use it to fish on boats, just lenghten the buckells back to the waist position and leave the clips on....

bigbarrels 06-16-2011 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maui jim (Post 86737)
I use my Black Belt fighting belt...the less expensive one (Nylon ) added plastic clips to the belt so it snaps onto the seat padeyes in front which is at the perfect position on the deck of the kayak between the legs.

I can still use it to fish on boats, just lenghten the buckells back to the waist position and leave the clips on....

That is a cool idea on the belt......may give that a try.....I have the same belt in the garage....thanks for the idea

FlyFishinYakr 06-17-2011 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maui jim (Post 86737)

Actually I meant to ask this question, however I'm just getting into Saltwater Kayak fishing and haven't even attempted my first surf launch yet!
I own a Sumo Ninja fighting belt I thought I'd use. Or maybe a cheap Bass Pro (Offshore Angler) fighting belt, something inexpensive I wouldn't mind donating to my first yard sale. Which I full expect to have very soon since I just bought a larger yak (Pro Explorer). Yeah!!!
FFY