Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   got my (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=8118)

drunkenmaster 08-24-2010 12:23 PM

got my

2 Attachment(s)
first thresher yesterday!
just a lil guy but still a blast...

danny 08-24-2010 12:33 PM

nice shark

Now you have to club 7 seals to make up for the shark, I have extra clubs if you need one.

ryan111 08-24-2010 01:06 PM

nice one :you_rock:

Deamon 08-24-2010 01:08 PM

Wow...could've been more of a "blast" with a release. I mean really...how much meat came off that "pup"? Just saying...

dorado50 08-24-2010 01:30 PM

Decent size! If I knew then what I know now I would of never have killed the one I did. It is very thrilling to catch a large fish from a kayak ,without a doubt, but the release is much...much more satisfying! Try it next time. That thresher I killed five yrs. ago still wakes me up at nite! Will the haunting ever go away?. Anyway, congrats.......

FISHIONADO 08-24-2010 01:58 PM

Congrats on the catch! You took a legal fish, the people giving you grief should direct their whining at the DFG. We get regulations from the DFG, not from anonymous posters on the internet.

Geoffkoop 08-24-2010 02:15 PM

I love the way a thresher stirs everyone up :rolleyes:...
Nice catch!

wiseguy 08-24-2010 02:23 PM

Very nice catch indeed! Good steaks from that puppy!:)

dorado50 08-24-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FISHIONADO (Post 63214)
Congrats on the catch! You took a legal fish, the people giving you grief should direct their whining at the DFG. We get regulations from the DFG, not from anonymous posters on the internet.

I think this guy is stiring the pot.. all I'm reading is opinions here. Its lawful to kill alot of animals doesn't mean you have to.

dxrat 08-24-2010 02:40 PM

Most people here have kept one. this is his first, and he kept it. Congrats on the shark.

Seaangler 08-24-2010 02:52 PM

Thresher taste good. Enjoy!

Gino 08-24-2010 03:13 PM

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...smokegif-1.gif

nice shark. what was the weight?

kareem korn 08-24-2010 03:23 PM

Nice, you looked stoked. Plenty of good steaks there.

nmbrinkman 08-24-2010 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorado50 (Post 63213)
Decent size! If I knew then what I know now I would of never have killed the one I did. It is very thrilling to catch a large fish from a kayak ,without a doubt, but the release is much...much more satisfying! Try it next time. That thresher I killed five yrs. ago still wakes me up at nite! Will the haunting ever go away?. Anyway, congrats.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorado50 (Post 63219)
I think this guy is stiring the pot.. all I'm reading is opinions here. Its lawful to kill alot of animals doesn't mean you have to.

And your feelings towards killing your small thresher are based on your opinions. There are plenty of theories to suggest that taking smaller sharks is better than taking a breeder out of the ecosystem. I'm not saying he's right, but I'm not saying you're right either.

Nic D 08-24-2010 03:53 PM

nice thresher... can't say as much for the hat :D

IntrntFshrman 08-24-2010 03:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dorado50 (Post 63219)

I don't mean to sound rude, really. And am not trying to be preachy....

However, don't you feel even a little bit hypocritical telling somebody else not to harvest after posting two doubles in only the last few weeks?

Just sayin......

:luxhello::luxhello::luxhello:

And nice to see the posts on the WSB, btw!

-scallywag- 08-24-2010 03:56 PM

DFG or DFG commission?

Nice Fish !!!! the first pic says it all !!! STOKED !!!

and you, Pot stirrer!!! :biggrinjester: ....you know that "if its not illegal than it must be OK" mentality is BS...that mentality is what got us where we are today. Do you really rely on your state and federal legislators to make all your decisions in life....do you want them to?

Kill or Release ? you have the FREEDOM to choose....enjoy it while you can and use your best judgement because people like the "it's not illegal" guy are fighting hard to dictate how/when and where you take a piss.

also, I believe the DFG commission is the one who sets the take/limit rules, exc...the same commission that is about ready to admit that they failed at managing california's fisheries by voting to implement the most extreme MPA maps. I've been to one commission meeting where there was a small group of guys (who have been at this for years now) trying to get shark size and take limits implemented, but as usual the commercial long line/gill net lobbiest's effectively plugged the commissioners ears. Make no mistake, the commissioners votes will go to the highest bidder. :the_finger: those guys.

desert_s10 08-24-2010 06:08 PM

TOOOOOTALY off topic...

:eating: For all those that feel taking that pup was wrong, what do you feel about veal & Lamb? :egg:

back on topic...
IMO, there should be a slot limit.

I also plan on harvesting legal fish so long as the meat does not go to waste.

...and wouldn't post up any thresher harvest because you are damed regardless of size by either the "it is too small" or the "it is too big" crowd.

Here is a good read

http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/ca...ase-first.html

drunkenmaster 08-24-2010 06:25 PM

Fought hard & tasted great!!! No worries none of the meat is going to waste! Fed family & friends

Not sure about the weight but my seabass was 40 lbs & this felt twice as big...

Ohh who give a damn what a hater gotta say, what hater got say. Hayyyyy! bahaha

sdwrx 08-24-2010 06:35 PM

Nice catch! :D

FWIW, I would have released... but that's just me. :confused:

Oh, and F the Dodgers! :the_finger: