Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What A Deal (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=25542)

Denis_Ruso 05-16-2015 10:34 AM

What A Deal

2 Attachment(s)
I am just rigging up my just bought kayak. I go the Sport Chalet by my house to pick up a cheap paddle and seat. I get there and I pick out a paddle and get stumped by the lack of options in kayak seats. Sorting through the crappy seats I start to think I really want a comfortable kayak seat. My eye falls on a tallback and I opt for the most expensive one they have. It's a tallback Summit to Surf brand with thick straps and a small pack with rod holders. Price Tag:129.99. Finally caving in and deciding to buy after 20 minutes deliberating. I come up to to the cash register and I am pleasantly surprised when the manager rings it up and says it's on sale for 20.00$. :you_rock:.

I know it's not the best seat, but still what a deal!Behold!

Anyone have any experience with this seat?

ccacher1 05-16-2015 11:42 AM

I have that exact seat in my Malibu Stealth. Love having the high back and has served me very well. I had lower back surgery a couple years ago and needed something with a lot of support. Think I spent $100 on mine though so you got a great deal. Good seat in my opinion... GREAT seat for $20. I use the rod holders to put my gaff in. The zipper pouch on the back is a nice feature as well.

easyday 05-16-2015 11:53 AM

If I may offer some advice. The cheap paddle is fine for now, but a nice paddle will really make a world of a difference after a long day. When I started kayaking I had a cheap sports chalet paddle and it was fine. Then I upgraded and wow what a difference. Get all your safety equipment squared away first. Then do yourself a favor and get a nice paddle.

Gunner58 05-16-2015 06:25 PM

Which sports chalet was that at? I need a new seat for my yak and that one looks great. Really great for 20 bucks

Yakkid 05-16-2015 06:53 PM

smoking deal where at need a new seat

Denis_Ruso 05-16-2015 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccacher1 (Post 227833)
I have that exact seat in my Malibu Stealth. Love having the high back and has served me very well. I had lower back surgery a couple years ago and needed something with a lot of support. Think I spent $100 on mine though so you got a great deal. Good seat in my opinion... GREAT seat for $20. I use the rod holders to put my gaff in. The zipper pouch on the back is a nice feature as well.

Good to hear it gives good back support! I was pleasantly surprised, could have been a mistake but she scanned the tag and the tag said 129.99.

Denis_Ruso 05-16-2015 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easyday (Post 227835)
If I may offer some advice. The cheap paddle is fine for now, but a nice paddle will really make a world of a difference after a long day. When I started kayaking I had a cheap sports chalet paddle and it was fine. Then I upgraded and wow what a difference. Get all your safety equipment squared away first. Then do yourself a favor and get a nice paddle.

Yea I've been out before and you're right it will make a hell of a difference. I'm staying pretty close to shore for now so it will do. I figured I'd buy cheap now and snag a nice used one off here and when. Thanks for the tip!

As far a safety gear what would you say is a necessaty in your opinion and have you ever had to use any of it?

P.S guys I bought it at the sport chalet in Fallbrook,CA but It was the last one on the shelf. Good luck hunting hope you can score a deal!

ironcross6921 05-17-2015 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denis_Ruso (Post 227881)

P.S guys I bought it at the sport chalet in Fallbrook,CA but It was the last one on the shelf. Good luck hunting hope you can score a deal!

First Ive heard of a Sports Chalet in my town?

Denis_Ruso 05-18-2015 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironcross6921 (Post 227888)
First Ive heard of a Sports Chalet in my town?

I it's technically West Hills on Fallbrook Ave. Always though that are was called Fallbrook haha.