Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   sunday 8/14 report (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=55)

grey zone 08-15-2005 06:37 AM

sunday 8/14 report

My weekend lacked luster until this guy changed everything. Todd and I were fishing for halibut, managed 9 shorts. I had another yellow try to wrap its lips around my tady 45 but missed it before the luhr ran out of water. This one weighed 30lbs.
http://www.bloodydecks.com/gallery/f...zeYt281405.jpg

Dennis 08-15-2005 06:53 AM

Nice fish, Randy. It was nice to see you, Todd, and Ken yesterday morning. I finally made it back to LJ after 3 months. Nothing for me. Nice and quiet on the kelp. I fished the bottom, with two hook ups and both popped off. I did manage to get a bonito and have another fish try to get a hold of it.. Don't know what it was. I heard some radio traffic. Was that you guys? Something to the effect of "he's been fighting the fish for an hour".... Nice one again..
-Dennis

C-level 08-15-2005 11:02 AM

thats was us...

:shock: I've never in my life seen anything like it. That fish hit the halibut rig on the bottom, so it was on less than ideal YT tackle. We also thought that it was snagged in the tail so that Randy couldn't turn it... so Randy did baby it a bit :roll: He was on that fish for 1 hour and 5 minutes, it pulled us 1/3 of a mile and in the last 30 minutes it spun the triple around in circles 20+ times...back and forth, back and forth, back and... We must have looked so funny to the boaters around us :!:. He was one tuff YT and the fight made for a great story considering it was the biggest YT he has ever caught!
Nice fish Randy, again congrats :D
Todd

By the way it was snagged.... right in the corner of the mouth :lol:

vellocity 08-15-2005 11:41 AM

wow!
way to start the week!
remember the guy bouncing ball for Halibut in Oceanside this spring? he got a 50#+ YT fishing for halibut too!!

congrats on the beeg fish!
N

Iceman 08-15-2005 05:09 PM

Holy cow! very nice YT. Congrats Randy!

MKNOTT 08-15-2005 07:45 PM

WOW Randy, super fish and super story. I want one that big!! MKNOTT

katchfish 08-15-2005 08:50 PM

Damn it Randy!!! That is a kick ass YT!!

I don’t think your in Todd’s shadow any more!!

Even Matt may let you work on is pearly whites.

It is……… as Nelz would say a “dog shit catch “ however I think that I will see this one posted on the WCW.

Fair and square my brother.

Enjoyed the banter from one of your “fans” Hmmmm… who is laughing now!!

You guys seem to have the mojo/horse shoe right now, exploit her before she wonders off to some other buck tail red-slaying yahoo!!

Ken

vellocity 08-15-2005 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katchfish
It is……… as Nelz would say a “dog shit catch “ however I think that I will see this one posted on the WCW.
Ken

?????? as i would say?
what have you smoking Ken? i would like some.. :D :shock:
you always got funny sayings and references that i'm still trying to follow along on...
still trying to figure out "spray 'um dano"

DESTROYER 08-15-2005 09:28 PM

Re: sunday 8/14 report

Quote:

Originally Posted by grey zone
yellow try to wrap its lips around

Nice catch Randy! Much improved from your last YT! Congrats on that Trophy! All the hundreds of YT you have killed you finally got your biggest one to date...on a kayak no less. As far a as YT wrapping there lips around something, I think your a few inches too short for that :twisted:

Go Get em Brotha!

Matt

katchfish 08-15-2005 09:37 PM

Nobody stirs the pot like a CHEF!! :twisted:

Ken

grey zone 08-16-2005 05:59 AM

Thanks everyone, I'll see you out there next weekend. Randy

madscientist 08-16-2005 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katchfish
You guys seem to have the mojo/horse shoe right now, exploit her before she wonders off to some other buck tail red-slaying yahoo!!

Ken

I heard that, Ken! But since all you seem to catch lately are lizardfish, I'll let it slide :twisted: .

Nice job Randy. That's it, from now on I'm following you and/or Todd around like a lost puppy.