Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Been buried (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=12061)

j mo 12-02-2011 10:56 AM

Been buried

2 Attachment(s)
Things have gotten so tight that I actually had to schedule this trip 3 weeks out. Been buried with work, a fixer upper, and a 4 & 2 year old. My former spontaneous fishing self looks at my new self and just shakes his head….

<O:pBait was super tuff to make, only managed two pieces, so was super stoked when Jeremiah peddled over to offer me a few of what little he had. As solid a fisherman as they come. The magic hour was about to begin so the three of us that were out set up our drifts……. Nothing, started to drizzle, then.

BOOMSHAKALAKA!

<O:pBait inhaled at warp speed. Wait for it, wait for it, click goes Saltist into gear and the Calstar b/t 670 loads up like a dream. Head shakes ensue, I get sloppy and spread my legs like a politician. Then I begin to stress over my knots and lighter line that I tied on that morning, then I really begin to stress as I look over my shoulder and see how close I am to the lobster buoy. No matter though, it was destined to be. Stoked, a birthday present from the crown Jewel herself.
Attachment 5317

I was waiting for my wife to flip when she came home and saw this in her new sink.
Attachment 5318

But the only thing she said was "When's white seabass season? You know how I loooooove white seabass":doh:

Mr. Adventure 12-02-2011 11:18 AM

Nice one! What bait were you using?

mtnbykr2 12-02-2011 11:23 AM

beautimus...nice story, happy "b" day and congrats on the sashimi:reel:

bellcon 12-02-2011 11:33 AM

Awesome fish!, way to make the lack of trips pay off hope you have more chances soon
:cheers1:

Jeremiah did the same thing for me a couple weeks back, definitely one of the good guys
:cheers1:

and if I remember you paid it forward to me sometime last year on one of those:wsb: nights:D

Congrats again, shes a beaut!

tagyak 12-02-2011 11:33 AM

look it ain't even Christmas yet and you already enjoying a sleigh ride.
nice birthday present from the jewel. love it!!!

kool wife; to not get mad about the fish not being a wsb in the new sink :D

yani 12-02-2011 12:08 PM

How sweet is that?? Way to nail 'em.
I agree, Jeremiah is top notch.

Nothing wrong with acquiring the taste of
fresh yellowtail...

The Kid 12-02-2011 01:35 PM

Congrats on the yella! It reminded me of this guy. I was intrigued by your finder's position as well. Probably makes it easier to adjust without doing pilates or easier to see with someone like myself, as blind as a bat.

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwegall.../the-joker.jpg

"Why so serious son?!"

RK 12-02-2011 01:47 PM

God i hate it when they ask where there seabass is..................

I get that question every god damn day........

Rad fish by the way:cheers1:

Iceman 12-02-2011 02:29 PM

Are those Sketchers new paddle shoes? :D yellowtail.........what the heck is that?

lterrero 12-02-2011 03:09 PM

Everything is nice amigo Josh, Yellowtail, fishfinder, shoes, new Revolution or I'm color blind..? It looks like a 28 ponder or bigger? Well, hoping to see ya soon out there.

lamb 12-02-2011 03:19 PM

NICE FISH!!!! :cheers1:

steveooo 12-02-2011 04:08 PM

Nice fish! Entertaining read :cheers1:

kobra 12-02-2011 04:11 PM

Congrats on a way cool birthday present.

T Bone 12-02-2011 05:09 PM

Nice farm sink and nicer fish! Thanks for loaning me the flashlight although I never did find the rods.

dmrides 12-02-2011 06:51 PM

Nothing more stylish than blood stains on Sanuks. I love that you had to schedule your trip three weeks in advance to be a able to fish a place thirty minutes from your house. Life has a funny way of getting in the way sometimes. But nothing beats being able to capitalize on the few chances you get. Stoked for you that you not only found the time to get on the water, but that you also brought home a nice birthday present. Nice forkie. Funny about the WSB, can't tell you how many times I have had that conversation.

GBF 12-02-2011 11:06 PM

Nice fish.....great read!

GBF

lbsurf2ca 12-03-2011 03:33 AM

Nice fish man.

Think you can make it out one more time this month? I'm going to be giving swami's and Cardiff one last go before Jan 1.

blitzburgh 12-03-2011 05:58 AM

Nice Feeesh!!!:luxhello::luxhello::luxhello:

yakrider 12-03-2011 06:15 AM

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!

I love that!!!

what a great post!!!

j mo 12-05-2011 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Kid (Post 101807)
I was intrigued by your finder's position as well. Probably makes it easier to adjust without doing pilates or easier to see with someone like myself, as blind as a bat.

Funny you should mention FF position. I owe that c bass in my avatar in part to where your FF is located. When I see you double over and crane your neck to get a better look at your FF ( your "tell"). It can only mean one thing- There are fish underneath your boat!!! Peddled up and dropped right on your stern:wsb::cheers1:.
That spot makes it very easy to see and adjust the monitor and to access the front hatch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmrides (Post 101833)
I love that you had to schedule your trip three weeks in advance to be a able to fish a place thirty minutes from your house. Life has a funny way of getting in the way sometimes.

Dont feel too bad for me Darren I did manage a trip to Hawaii last month:p. Hope all is well with you and yours

Quote:

Originally Posted by lterrero (Post 101821)

Mi Pana, I need to fish more w you that gear is a year old....:cheers1: