Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Spring Break Gonzaga "late report" (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=25312)

Chuck D 04-20-2015 07:15 AM

Spring Break Gonzaga "late report"

Been meaning to post this but life got hectic upon return. Went to Gonzaga with the crew for my school spring break. Had solid group out there which really made the trip for me! Anyways, fishing was a bit slow, real slow at times, but found many pockets of awesomeness.
*The trip to the Island and the rock spire beyond (props to Sven and Kevin for peddling the whole deal through thick weather at times).
*Getting LEEZO out to Baja.
*Floatilla with Kevin
*Being with Bob
*Meeting and chilling with RobMoney for the first time.
*Watching people get stuck in the sand all day long.
*Watching some locals drive their truck fully in the water to pick up a boat with 20 people on it.
*Watching the locals drive a 25ft boat down the beach with no trailer.
*Eating a manta ray machaca taco.
*Seeing Jim for a day is better than not seeing Jim for a day!
*Pete's mystery drinks.
*Tracking down a chupacabra.
*Everything is great about Sven and the cookie monster.
*Cookie monster and Bob arguing about putting fire wood on the fire.
*Catching 3 sharks
*Catching a CA legal Cortez Halibut.
*Catching 2 nice red snapper on one rapala at the same time.
*Hanging with good people.
*Hooking a monster yellow on the iron.
*Watching a monster Rooster chasing bait, Hooking a monster Rooster on the iron.

There were a few downers for the trip, but nothing to keep the spirits down.
*So many people there for Easter weekend, it was a zoo at times.
*Slow fishing at times.
*Catching a monster yellow and having my uni connection pop!
*Hooking into a 50b plus rooster and 10sec. later and having it spit the iron.
*Insects on the island.

What a trip, hope I can make it back with a kid on the way, priorities, priorities, etc. Thanks for watching!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PbXrqUH7CGM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

makobob 04-20-2015 07:50 AM

Nice video Chuck, brings back memories. Congratulations on your Cortez Butt and the Mission Bay Butts last weekend.

Iceman 04-20-2015 09:41 AM

Very cool Chuck...........my goal this year will be a dorado, pargo, orange mouth and WSB......that is all :D..........ok rooster too

walrus 04-20-2015 11:38 AM

Great video, brings back happy memories. June can't get here too soon. I'm spoiled when it comes to fishing anywhere else I compare it with down there and so far, found nothing even close..

makobob 04-20-2015 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 225737)
Very cool Chuck...........my goal this year will be a dorado, pargo, orange mouth and WSB......that is all :D..........ok rooster too

Andy, all FIVE are here and just waiting for you, come on down.

LEEZO 04-21-2015 08:49 AM

Mexico has hidden gems waiting to be explored. This was a great experience. Good times had by all. nice vid Chuck. Thanks Makobob and Robmoney!

romspacenut 04-21-2015 05:24 PM

Nice video Chuck! Can't wait to get my AI out there.

roby 04-21-2015 06:58 PM

The AI looks bad-ass Chuck...

janines.fishtales@cox.net 04-23-2015 05:59 PM

Makobob

I know Mako is tired of hearing me threaten to go down south. I have done the Motherboat trip to Clemente. Very cool. I have done a 6 day on the Vagabond. Epic. I have fished Alaska. Unbelieveable. I have fished the Smith River in Ca and the Chetco in Oregon with my dad for Steelhead. Priceless. But Baja.... I can't seem to get it out of my mind. I need to do this trip.... Would someone post the upcoming Baja schedule for 2015. This is a bucket list item I NEED to check off!

Janine AKA "The Mermaid"

Ramos23 04-24-2015 11:59 AM

Great video

makobob 04-27-2015 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janines.fishtales@cox.net (Post 226104)
I know Mako is tired of hearing me threaten to go down south. I have done the Motherboat trip to Clemente. Very cool. I have done a 6 day on the Vagabond. Epic. I have fished Alaska. Unbelieveable. I have fished the Smith River in Ca and the Chetco in Oregon with my dad for Steelhead. Priceless. But Baja.... I can't seem to get it out of my mind. I need to do this trip.... Would someone post the upcoming Baja schedule for 2015. This is a bucket list item I NEED to check off!

Janine AKA "The Mermaid"

Memaid, sorry for the late reply. After the procedures tomorrow and hopefully the following week I will know more. Here is what I am pretty sure will be happening some of the rest of the year.

6 JUNE Halibut Tourney in San Quintin Mexico, just the weekend. 24 JUNE to end of month, our place in Gonzaga. Mid JULY for 10 days it is off to see the wizard Ross in Asuncion.

After the surgeries in the next couple weeks I will post the rest of the year. See you all soon.

janines.fishtales@cox.net 04-27-2015 07:45 PM

Copy that...

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 226357)
Memaid, sorry for the late reply. After the procedures tomorrow and hopefully the following week I will know more. Here is what I am pretty sure will be happening some of the rest of the year.

6 JUNE Halibut Tourney in San Quintin Mexico, just the weekend. 24 JUNE to end of month, our place in Gonzaga. Mid JULY for 10 days it is off to see the wizard Ross in Asuncion.

After the surgeries in the next couple weeks I will post the rest of the year. See you all soon.

Thanks Mako. Good luck and swift recoveries. I will see you soon. Take care of yourself.

Mermaid

kayakfisherman 04-28-2015 05:58 AM

Way cool Chuck,

Love the opening scene in the car. But my favorite scene
was the hobie sailing. I want one of those for sure!!

One of these days I will join you guys, I can't wait to
go to Gonzaga.

Fishy Business 04-28-2015 06:23 AM

Nice video, looks like you had a blast!!

makobob 04-30-2015 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayakfisherman (Post 226435)
Way cool Chuck,

Love the opening scene in the car. But my favorite scene
was the hobie sailing. I want one of those for sure!!

One of these days I will join you guys, I can't wait to
go to Gonzaga.

That is great as each guest gets to cook dinner one night for the whole camp. So we will all be in for a treat. Looking forward to getting you down there with us.

jorluivil 04-30-2015 11:51 AM

Good video Chuckle! !