Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   1/9 LJ The Deadzone (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=455)

Iceman 01-09-2006 03:24 PM

1/9 LJ The Deadzone

The only thing I caught was some air, going up and over that last roller, on the way out. Great conditions on top of the water, warm, sunny and a very light breeze. Seemed to be next to no current once again. I saw nothing other than some bait pushed up early by porpoise. Jim S, Mo and Moyer headed north, as I headed to work at 10 AM. Landing was easier with low tide. Did our fish take a trip to the islands?

aguachico 01-09-2006 03:31 PM

ditto yesterday.

skiffman 01-09-2006 03:33 PM

Dead Zone

Thanks for posting Andy. No reports from Saturday or Sunday? Any word on fishing this weekend? Conditions look good for a skiff run tomorrow. Kelvin

Iceman 01-09-2006 03:48 PM

Kelvin, I saw ya coming down the hill as I was leaving. I heard the weekend was fishless. S.D Bay and a $5 scoop may be in my near future :D

tylerdurden 01-09-2006 03:48 PM

Saturday was about as dead as it gets. I didn't hear about, or see anyone land anything. I had 2 good hookups, one yoyo, one on a greenback. Pulled a hook on one and broke off at the knot on the other. :oops: Everyone was spread out and looking for but not finding the fish. There were lots of birds hovering but not really working.

vellocity 01-09-2006 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tylerdurden
Saturday was about as dead as it gets. I didn't hear about, or see anyone land anything. I had 2 good hookups, one yoyo, one on a greenback. Pulled a hook on one and broke off at the knot on the other. :oops: Everyone was spread out and looking for but not finding the fish. There were lots of birds hovering but not really working.

sheeze, 2 hookups in one day is pretty darn good in the wintertime if you ask me? :D

5 weeks of non stop surf, the streak is finally over :( for now that is..
time to dust off the sabiki and sharpen the hooks off my yoyo irons.. :D
it's been a while, i hope i don't forget something the next time i go out!

thanks for the report, looking to get back out there soon..

madscientist 01-09-2006 05:36 PM

I have a feeling we are in for a dry spell till bajapalooza. Skipped Sun after seeing Saturday's abrupt change in feel. Guess it was more than the double em factor. Might hoop one night this week but I think I'll give the AM a rest. Maybe a short run Wed AM just to make sure all systems are a go for down south. Got a cool new Froman designed ghetto style yak rack to debut! 8)

skiffman 01-09-2006 06:04 PM

S.D. Bay

The bay might be a good call. I need to practice for the Bay Bass Tourny on the 28th anyway. You don't need bait Andy, fish the PLASTIC!!! Artificial points for you!

steveooo 01-09-2006 09:15 PM

AWWWWW Nuts!
Thanks for the report anyways.

aguachico 01-10-2006 03:55 PM

still dead

fished 1/10 nada - stay home, start fishing mid march.

madscientist 01-10-2006 05:03 PM

Re: still dead

Quote:

Originally Posted by aguachico
stay home, start fishing mid march.

That's some good advice! For Andy. :D

DESTROYER 01-10-2006 06:19 PM

Nelz- The surf looked fun down out Blacks yesterday, guys hooting and hollering...looked really hallow.

Brad-Live it up! Thats all the fish your getting in 2006. Your Kharma thought it was still 2005 :twisted:

Out-Moyer