Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Bass Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Evans Lake this evening, Riverside (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=31609)

Edgard 07-28-2017 07:44 AM

Evans Lake this evening, Riverside

So, I checked it out last night and it looks promising. I'll be putting out crawfish traps, and then testing the bite.

It's a nice paddle.

Orca Winfrey 07-28-2017 11:49 AM

Don't forget your bulletproof PFD. Good luck and give us a report.

Harry Hill 07-29-2017 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edgard (Post 283484)
So, I checked it out last night and it looks promising. I'll be putting out crawfish traps, and then testing the bite.

It's a nice paddle.

ages ago we used to night fish there for catfish, mostly it was an excuse to sit around and drink a few beers, smoke and hang out. Lots of crawdads but I would purge them before I ate them. Back then though we would catch a bunch and boil them up and eat them. The last time I drove by in the evening there were a thousand or so homeless setting up camps, it was crazy.

Apex 07-31-2017 03:49 PM

Careful where you park at night they ticket
also make sure to get your pass from the county rec office

Edgard 08-01-2017 05:40 AM

Fishing was okay, the homeless are "my" people. Sadly, is true about wearing the bullet proof PFD. I guess in this context we can call it a lifesaver.

WARRIORMIKE 08-01-2017 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edgard (Post 283675)
I'm going back today.

are you taking your kayak out there? I have to ask where do you launch at?

Edgard 08-01-2017 05:29 PM

Yes, as you pull into the park there is a boat ramp. The city just built a new boat ramp at the end of the park, but honestly there are so many parking spaces the back into the lake and could launch from there. I may be there again tomorrow.

Orca Winfrey 08-01-2017 09:39 PM

Be safe and good luck.

Edgard 08-02-2017 12:02 PM

Since I was there last, there is an ongoing fish kill. I paddles this morning and thousands of crappie and fry litter the lakes. There is also an algae bloom (duckweed), the carp are dying, and even the crayfish are crawling out of the water.

Oddly, catfish were in the shallow area dying and this man jumped in with a plastic bag to scoop up as many as he could. I presume to eat.

goldenglory18 08-08-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edgard (Post 283738)
Since I was there last, there is an ongoing fish kill. I paddles this morning and thousands of crappie and fry litter the lakes. There is also an algae bloom (duckweed), the carp are dying, and even the crayfish are crawling out of the water.

Oddly, catfish were in the shallow area dying and this man jumped in with a plastic bag to scoop up as many as he could. I presume to eat.

That sounds horrible. Eww......:ack2:

cesarjrc 09-18-2017 08:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Went last week
very relaxing .
and i was marking fish

Orca Winfrey 09-18-2017 11:15 AM

Did you catch? Lol. I myself would wear waders in that lake.

cesarjrc 09-18-2017 12:32 PM

Didnt catch nada . lol
i was practicing more then anything . newbie on kayaking
When i launch from the ramp i dont even touch the water . so dirty there