Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Thieves SUCK! (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=14241)

Chief Gunner 07-04-2012 06:33 AM

Thieves SUCK!

I always introduce myself while unloading / loading up and offer to others I meet on the Waters Edge to keep an eye on their stuff while they go park and ask the same when I do....

No problem ever at all doing that but it really sucks when some Low Life steals from you in your own Driveway.

My 1996 dodge Ram 1500 4x4 got stolen this morning from my Driveway.:mad:

It's Black with the light silver bottom trim and has an overhead utility rack with padded and taped rails (for carrying Yaks). I Just put new tires on it & a new Optima yellow top in it so sucking up the $1500 is gonna hurt.

Anyway; It's got an Amsoil Racing sticker in the rear pasenger side window and the License plate# is " CA 8S56581"

If anyone happens to see it please call the CHP.

thanks

Aaron

Iceman 07-04-2012 06:58 AM

That truly sucks! Hope it was just a joyride and turns up for you.

HELLSTER INC. 07-04-2012 07:17 AM

Thieve are the lowest scum of the earth, sorry to hear about your truck.

Jimmyz123 07-04-2012 07:20 AM

What part of town are you located in? L.A. area or San Diego area?
I'll keep my eyes open.

Chief Gunner 07-04-2012 07:39 AM

Thanks guy's. I live near the Lakeside / Santee town line here in East San Diego County in what really is a clean, quiet & peaceful neighborhood.

I know & understand that things like this can happen anytime, anywhere...So I'm getting through it with only one prevailing thought; I gotta hurry up & find something to haul the PA to the Big Waters Edge because I don't want to mess up the roof of our 4 Runner and I need my time on the water to keep me sane ;)

Already cruising CL for a jet ski trailer until I get the insurance check :cheers1:

JNAST13ST 07-04-2012 07:40 AM

Holy shit that's sucks, your truck is nice condition but why would they pick a 96' ram to jack doesn't make sense unless it was for the rack. Sorry to here that bro my eyes are open

Jimmyz123 07-04-2012 07:53 AM

I remember once my car got jacked from my driveway and it was found up by the Border Patrol check point in the Camp Pendleton area. Most everything was recovered but I did get it back. Did the insurance give you a 30 day window for recovery?

da22y 07-04-2012 08:13 AM

Really sucks , I saw you and your truck just days ago on the beach.:(
It's good you can still get $$ from insurance.
My truck has only has liability insurance,when it's gone ,I get nothing.
Hope the cops can get your truck back soon.

Danny

T-Rex 07-04-2012 08:14 AM

That sucks. Will keep an eye open for it.

Jimmyz123 07-04-2012 08:31 AM

Do you have a photo of the truck at all?

ful-rac 07-04-2012 08:41 AM

Those bastards! I hope they die! Ill keep a look out...

Yakin 07-04-2012 09:13 AM

That sucks bro. I had 3 guys try to steal my clean 96 camaro rs on easter and then my ford ranger but you being in SD area that truck is probably in mexico by now
How things work out and if I see it I will try and bring the driver back alive

DarthFisherman 07-04-2012 09:53 AM

I feel for you man. I had a car stolen while I was at work by some crack head years ago. I hope everything works out in your favor and the thieves burn in the Lake of Fire.

Chief Gunner 07-04-2012 10:30 AM

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/...Fool/truck.jpg

It was nothing special but it did run really well , I spent allot of time & effort & attention to detail working on it myself making sure the engine, tranny, drivetain, electrical and suspension were all good so it would be a reliable Baja "Beater"....where it propbably is by now. It was gonna be my "East Cape" escape ride.

Jimmyz123 07-04-2012 12:06 PM

Sorry for your loss, I'll keep an eye out for it.

KatFish 07-04-2012 12:42 PM

I live close to you I'll keep my eyes open! Sorry to her thät : (

wiredantz 07-04-2012 06:45 PM

I'll keep at an eye out in Los Angeles.

Photoxic 07-04-2012 09:10 PM

Scum bags!!! A few weeks ago, one of my coworkers came back to the office from his lunch break and thought he saw a stolen truck at a 7-11 in San Clemente. Earlier in the day, he saw a post on a offroad truck forum about a truck that was stolen from Oceanside the day before. He went back to 7-11 to check it out again and he called the owner and confirmed that it was his truck! The scumbag started to leave so my coworker followed him while he called the police. The thief drove to his friends house and parked not knowing he was being followed. My coworker waited for the police to arrive and he showed them where the scumbag was. He got arrested at gunpoint and the the owner got his truck back. The thief also got charged with drug possession and firearm possession as a felon. What a loser! Happy ending on this one so don't lose hope. I will keep my eyes open for it.

Chief Gunner 07-06-2012 05:01 PM

Thank you all who viewed and replied, it gave me some comfort knowing I was not alone on this.....

No Plie of Sloppy Wet & Smelly Dog Turd, Parasitic Thief is ever gonna keep me from getting to one of the things I love most.

They might have snuck in and stolen the truck while I was sleeping but I am not going to let my PA sit there collecting dust & I sure as hell am not gonna mess up the 4Runner trying to get it on top.

So with some added overtime $ I eaned; I cruised CL before going to work this morning and found me this sweet "like new" Jet Ski Trailer for only $600.

It's actually going to be much easier on me loading/unloading now than having to lift it up over my head everytime I go Fishing...

So a big "F" You!! to the scum who stole my Truck!. I guarantee that if you come around here again & I catch you that you will suffer fom a very rapid & Extremely Violent case of accute lead poisoning, Finished off with my size 13 boot dripping blood, guts & mud from your Sorry Ass you POS!

It still needs some tweaking but I'm aleady getting close to dialing it in so I can go Fishing Tomorrow & Sunday:p

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/...AAAtrailer.jpg

blitzburgh 07-06-2012 05:51 PM

Nice trailer man. I got one of the Malone Sport trailers for my PA. Wayyyy easier than car-topping.