Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Please be careful kayak fishing in 25 mph Santa Ana conditions. (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=4377)

THE DARKHORSE 01-11-2009 04:59 PM

Please be careful kayak fishing in 25 mph Santa Ana conditions.

A few years ago, a fellow kayaker was seperated from the kayak in La Jolla during these dangerous conditions and almost drowned. This lucky person was found clinging to a lobster float for dear life :eek:. Obviously freezing from the cold water, with borderline hypothermia, the question of how much longer can you hold onto that rope comes to mind? With the possibility of tragedy looming over head in these dangerous windy conditions, and at times ample warning from the local weather bureau, why take the risk?

Anyone who knows me will tell you I'm all about "safety first" :rolleyes:, and I would like to simply remind people to be very careful whenever the possibility of Santa Ana conditions present themselves. Fishing off a man powered piece of plastic is all fun and games until 30 mph offshore winds make you the top story on the evening news. Try to be aware of changing weather conditions, check your marine radio often, and more than anything stay alert.

Above all else, make sure to take every precaution whenever you decide to make a long cast with a piece of iron attached.

YOU MIGHT GET PULLED OFF THE KAYAK!
http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwegall..._0198_1_00.JPG

Even though my friends on the "fish list" can't comprehend catch and release (you let it go :doh:), it was nice watching Yellowtail number two swim off to fight another day.

yakrider 01-11-2009 05:11 PM

I wanna be you for a day!!!!:you_rock:

I need some different shoes for sure!!!!

esdees 01-11-2009 05:16 PM

Good job on the release!

Matt 01-11-2009 05:17 PM

I can see it! Thankfully I have polarized glasses on!:D

lamb 01-11-2009 05:22 PM

Right on Josh,

safety first! :D

Santa Ana conditions is probably the worst threat we face every here and there.

NICE FISH!

On CnR - :notworthy:

steamroll 01-11-2009 05:23 PM

:luxhello::luxhello::luxhello:

KennyHill 01-11-2009 05:43 PM

YOU GOT SKILLS!!:notworthy: :notworthy::notworthy:

Dennis 01-11-2009 07:11 PM

SPICY HAMACHI!!

Trout 01-11-2009 07:20 PM

Nice one bully...

Smokey 01-11-2009 07:25 PM

:notworthy: As usual, well done. You are the man! :luxhello:
Safety first, Santa Ana winds and kayaks don't mix well when things go wrong.

Geoffkoop 01-11-2009 08:39 PM

Wow! What a fish!

bigbarrels 01-11-2009 11:44 PM

Nice! What are your guide rates?

dorf 01-12-2009 05:34 AM

I couldn’t agree with you more about the safety.
If the wind is blowing I go to the harbor and even then I stay in the more protected areas.
<O:p</O:p
I fish like I dive. Don’t forget to let someone know where you are going and when you plan to return. And always have a buddy. With a site like this a buddy is always easy to come by.
Thanks for your posts Josh. You are an inspiration.:you_rock:
Be safe all.
Paul.

jscott 01-12-2009 08:17 AM

Nice job Josh! So F'n consistent it's amazing! :you_rock:

When I catch a big fish-- it's luck! (And half the time when I hook a big one-- :linesnap:)

With you-- it's skills, know-how, and local knowledge! I wish you the best of success with your guide business-- I'm sure 2009 will be tremendous for you! You bring some unique qualities to the table that entice newbies and 'veterans' alike!

-Jason

dorado50 01-12-2009 08:50 AM

Josh, you make it look easy! but reality says different. Its not easy and YT just don't fall into your lap. If your a person passionate about fishing but just can't quite get that bigger model and want to shorten the learning cure I would seriously seriously consider using Josh's guide service I'm sure in one day you will learn what normally takes two or three years.Well worth the bucks....

Billy V 01-12-2009 10:03 AM

Nice fish Josh.
-You need to start "tagging" some of those yellows you release.

A small plastic tag that reads " Josh Was Here":)

fishchaser25 01-12-2009 10:32 AM

that would be funny to land a fish with a tag in its back that said "josh was here"

dorado50 01-12-2009 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishchaser25 (Post 32639)
that would be funny to land a fish with a tag in its back that said "josh was here"

Ha Ha, yea...that would be real funny...Ha Ha..

THE DARKHORSE 01-12-2009 10:36 PM

Good information is priceless....

:iagree:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbarrels (Post 32625)
Nice! What are your guide rates?

I have full intentions of having my company logo at the top right hand corner of the BWE website soon, but until then no :spam: :D.

In answer to your question though, some say my rates are much cheaper than the price of gas ;).

yakrider 01-13-2009 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorado50 (Post 32634)
Josh, you make it look easy! but reality says different. Its not easy and YT just don't fall into your lap. If your a person passionate about fishing but just can't quite get that bigger model and want to shorten the learning cure I would seriously seriously consider using Josh's guide service I'm sure in one day you will learn what normally takes two or three years.Well worth the bucks....

well said!!!!!