Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   La Jolla 08/02/05 AMs (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=16)

lamb 08-02-2005 02:07 PM

La Jolla 08/02/05 AMs

Just one of those days - set the alarm at 4:00 but got up at 5:00. Got to the Shores at 5:30 but finally launched at 6:15AM. What’s up with those brand new shitters being locked?!? Oh well.

Hardly any swell, mellow wind. Water color brownish in the reserve, getting more into green shade further down south. Visibility 10-ish feet, temp 72-73 according to my fishfinder. Only few boats and yaks out there. I had a hard time getting bait right after the reserve. Trolled rapala and fishtrap in about 70ft for no action. The bait situation got much better once I got in front of the hotel - plenty of greenies and spanish. The spot where I found the bait looked fishy so I stayed there for about 20 minutes. Got 2 nice size calicos, let go. Moved in a about 80 ft and sent one live bait to the bottom, kept one on the surface. Moved a few times, as there was hardly any drift. At about 9:00 Am, my flylined greenback got picked up. The right kind but the wrong size – lil’ 5.5 lbs yeller.

http://www.bloodydecks.com/gallery/f...ape_704223.JPG

Point is a point is a point. ;) Matt, 22nd place is too small for 2 of us… LOL

madscientist 08-02-2005 02:37 PM

Nice little lamb there Adi. Since I'm not in the mood to get tossed around I think I'll go tomorrow AM rather than tonight.

skiffman 08-02-2005 04:42 PM

Little yellows

Much the same for me Adi. Lots of nice Calicos and about a 6lb. Yellowtail I wanted to release but it was bleeding bad so my clients kept it. My clients got kelped 3 times so there are some nice ones to be caught. Nice morning on the water. 69 - 70 by my meter. 63 at Mission Bay channel.
Kelvin

DESTROYER 08-02-2005 05:12 PM

I'll tell you what...You can have it with that fish....I would have thrown it back :twisted: You and Randy should start your own little YT Baby Killer Farm :evil: :evil: I'm waiting for October, Thats my month....I'm going to go off :lol: That fish was Lambterific.

TL-Matt

lamb 08-02-2005 06:44 PM

That's what I'm talking about!!! :lol: Let’s get little fire going…

Matt, I didn't gut hook that baby - it was an accident! :cry: During the vicious fight, he jumped out of the water and landed right on my gaff! Very, very unfortunate. :cry:

But let me tell ya' - I just had it for dinner... Grilled, in lemon & pepper… Yummy...

I'll be there most likely on Thursday AMs looking for his motherlamb. 8)

grey zone 08-02-2005 07:14 PM

Moyer, shut up and fish.

DESTROYER 08-02-2005 07:27 PM

That wasn't a Lamb...it was a lamb Chop :D I love the picture, you stretched it out...are you sure Andy didn't photo shop that one for you to make it look bigger. I just got a call from PETA and there coming after a guy named "LAMB". "Grey Zone", I'm afraid to get my teeth cleaned by you, you might find a baby tooth and yank it out of my mouth :twisted:

P.S. This is called West Coast Whoppers not West Coast Guppies :evil:

The fight is on for bragging rights...We all know that 333 points looks huge when you have under a 100.

TL

Matt

Jim Sammons LJKF 08-02-2005 07:30 PM

Matt told me that fish was caught on a sabiki, I told him no way, it was way to small for bait. :wink:

Grego 08-02-2005 08:02 PM

What in the wide world of sports is goin on here...??? I just can't believe Adi and Randy would do such a thing....you would NEVER, EVER, see MEEEE doing such a thing :roll: BWAHAHAHAHHA :P :lol:

They're just giving me some company, not letting me get trashed talked all by my lonesome :lol:

grey zone 08-03-2005 06:19 AM

Us little guys have to stick together.

DESTROYER 08-03-2005 07:28 AM

Randy- I love the one liners! Your definitely in that Grey Zone.

Moyer

lamb 08-03-2005 07:53 AM

Matt, how is life on 23rd place? :twisted:

All we need is 150 lbs halibut. :idea:

Surfdad 08-03-2005 12:31 PM

Question: Did the ghost of Ray Charles gaff that yellow for you?
:shock:

LOL....

Good job on the yellow.

DESTROYER 08-03-2005 06:29 PM

23rd place feel so good...it was getting crowded with you dry humping my position. My goal is to just beat Todd, he's planning on winning this thing so I better start drifting for some Halibut :D

Matt