Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Update San Quintin JUNE 2014 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=22076)

makobob 05-20-2014 11:26 AM

Update San Quintin JUNE 2014

Tourneys coming up - White seabass, yellowtail and bottomfish

White seabass, yellowtail and bottomfish were all on tap this past week here. Up next will be the bluefin tuna offshore, just as the tourney’s get going.

“The white seabass have been biting and Capt. Juan owner/operator of Juan Cook Sportfishing brought in six one day and six the next,” Joe Martin from Don Eddie’s said. “There was even been one caught in the bay.”

“Yellowtail have been making a showing, with Capt. Gordo of Garcias Pangas putting his anglers on them regularly,” Martin said. “Bottomfishing remains steady as does the weather, it’s been absolutely beautiful. A little warm but then our Pacific air conditioning kicks in and it is wonderful. Maybe the annual windy season is over. Capt. Lilo from Pedro’s Pangas reports the offshore waters are beautiful and in perfect shape for the bluefin tuna bite to start at anytime.”

“At Don Eddie’s, we are in full work mode cleaning rooms, stocking the kitchen, building a new viewing deck of the bay and spreading gravel to improve our driveway,” Martin said. “All of this and more are preparations for the annual July 4th Don Eddies Memorial Tournament following the first month long Kayak Tournament in June with Robert Moore (Mako Bob) on hand the entire month to handle registrations and weigh ins as anglers come and go during the month.”

The above is from Bajafisherman.com..............Ok guys it is getting closer, please go to Other Tournaments San Quintin and let me know. Thanks. WSB are there NOW. YT and Halibut too.

makobob 05-20-2014 12:49 PM

Just talked with Tony, owner of Don Eddie's and here is what we have available for OUR KAYAKERS.$45.00.
A Room for 3 or 4 anglers or their guests, breakfast, box lunch, and dinner. Dinner to be choice of Mexican plate or Fish plate. Cost per person per day, Bar and tips extra.
And MakoBob will get your 1st beer. Hope to see you there.

octico 05-20-2014 01:15 PM

Sounds interesting ...

I may down in for this, my birthday is June. But, I would need to catch ride with someone.

solyluna 05-20-2014 02:14 PM

Pretty solid halibut bite at the bay
And Jamie Garcia scored a 100 lb
Black cbass

makobob 05-20-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by octico (Post 194949)
I may down in for this, my birthday is June. But, I would need to catch ride with someone.

I am driving down on the 1st, but you would need a ride back because I will be there all month. My birthday is also in June. Hope you can make it down. WSB caught in bay last week and at Soccoro. San Martin is just off the beach too.

Deamon 05-20-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solyluna (Post 194963)
Pretty solid halibut bite at the bay
And Jamie Garcia scored a 100 lb
Black cbass

Soly, can you share info on fishing the bay. Is it doable with kayaks? Where would a yakker launch/fish? Tide swings...bait...etc...? Thanks. Jim

solyluna 05-20-2014 10:03 PM

I always hire a captain with a boat
I haven't take my yak over there
I know there is access with a pick up
Very close to the point
Most of the time we make bait at the bay there is time it will take time
I think it's better to pass San quntin and go
To scorro launch from the beach and you are in prime wsb area
We fished that area last weekend huge bait ball every where no cbass but we found some big solid yellow tails and huge cuda
And some quality reds

pino 05-21-2014 09:56 AM

what is bwe

makobob 05-21-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pino (Post 195040)
what is bwe

BWE is this site BIG WATERS EDGE, welcome to fisherman's paradise

Ojos_raros 05-21-2014 10:49 AM

Would love to get down there in June. Last day of school for me is June 19. Socorro is an easy parking/ launch combo. I believe it is doable to drive to the point and fish the bay. I think Wavestr did that once. Bob, you planning on hiring pangas so that we can load the kayak on there and fish the 240?

makobob 05-21-2014 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ojos_raros (Post 195050)
Would love to get down there in June. Last day of school for me is June 19. Socorro is an easy parking/ launch combo. I believe it is doable to drive to the point and fish the bay. I think Wavestr did that once. Bob, you planning on hiring pangas so that we can load the kayak on there and fish the 240?

If the guys want to hire pangas they are available, I can help set it up for you, but you will have to foot the panga bill, around $300 per day. They should be able to get 2-3 pangas to where you want to go. K&M also has larger Parkers but I do not have their cost per day yet. I understand K&M are now headquarting from Don Eddie's as of last week.

It would help if I knew WHEN to expect you guys, so if possible post or pm your dates. You can prepay tourney fees on CKFS page under Baja or Bust, San Quintin Halibut Tournament. OR pay in PERSON in cash the day BEFORE you fish. See me at Don Eddies EVERY day from 3-8pm starting on the 1st of June. Thank you, and GOOD LUCK to all.

solyluna 05-21-2014 05:58 PM

Kelly is 6 bills
For the pilot house
And 500 for the open Parker

bigbarrels 05-23-2014 02:37 AM

Update San Quintin JUNE 2014

Sounds like a fun month for you Bob and a great event . I will be hitting it for 3 rd consecutive year in September :) we went out with Kelly's pilot house Parker the first year and it was a blast and his son was a great captain/guide

toadstoadsonly 05-23-2014 08:48 AM

This is something I always wanted to do I fished Camalu often but never San Quintin there are so many different species accessible within kayak distance in these area. Let me know when the dates and times are set. I have a hooked up lifted Tacoma, do you think it will be safe driving it down there. I hear these are the type of cars they want to steal.