Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Thanks Skrilla (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=28470)

rossman 03-11-2016 08:33 AM

Thanks Skrilla

Just wanted to give a quick Thank you to Len, aka Skrilla for helping me out with some rod repairs while I was in the States. I bought a couple rods that he had built a year or so ago and was impressed with the workmanship. I had three rods that needed some guide replacements, and I contacted Len and asked if he could do it for me. I told him that I was not awarding style points. Just needed something sturdy of the correct size and needed them done in less than 2 weeks. He must have dropped everything to tackle the project because they were finished I a week. Beautiful job and fixed some issues I didn't even know I had. I have no idea if he does this work as a business or just for fun, or maybe just for me but I do know that at what he tried to charge me, he's not going to make any money doing it. So if you are thinking of a custom rod or need some repairs done, you might want to contact him and let him help you out.
Thanks again Len

Deamon 03-11-2016 08:41 AM

Len's a good dude. Others should check out his bamboo gaffs too. Well built beauties.

He's also a big HOW (Heroes on the Water) supporter.

Jim

TheBoyScout 03-11-2016 09:05 AM

How do I contact him?

TheBoyScout 03-11-2016 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossman (Post 255591)
Just wanted to give a quick Thank you to Len, aka Skrilla for helping me out with some rod repairs while I was in the States. I bought a couple rods that he had built a year or so ago and was impressed with the workmanship. I had three rods that needed some guide replacements, and I contacted Len and asked if he could do it for me. I told him that I was not awarding style points. Just needed something sturdy of the correct size and needed them done in less than 2 weeks. He must have dropped everything to tackle the project because they were finished I a week. Beautiful job and fixed some issues I didn't even know I had. I have no idea if he does this work as a business or just for fun, or maybe just for me but I do know that at what he tried to charge me, he's not going to make any money doing it. So if you are thinking of a custom rod or need some repairs done, you might want to contact him and let him help you out.
Thanks again Len

How do I contact him?

Dave Legacy 03-11-2016 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBoyScout (Post 255595)
How do I contact him?

Username is "Skrilla", so shoot him a PM. Len has some crazy talent.

skrilla 03-11-2016 01:10 PM

Thanks for the kind words. Glad to see those beauties getting some action rather than looking pretty against the wall. :D