Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   striper or trout (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=9563)

umtduckhead 03-02-2011 08:54 AM

striper or trout

Do any of you all striper or trout fish with a yak locally? For some reason im in the mood to fish for stripers and/or trout.. any pointers shoot me a PM.

Siebler 03-02-2011 01:08 PM

Wheres Local? Nobody knows if you dont fill out your Profile :doh:

mtnbykr2 03-02-2011 04:30 PM

Always watchin Castaic and Pyramid for when they come up...I'm game...for the striper...b

surfnutnj 03-02-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtnbykr2 (Post 77360)
Always watchin Castaic and Pyramid for when they come up...I'm game...for the striper...b

I used to catch stripers all the time in Brigantine in NJ near Atlantic City, but that was over 10 years ago. That used to be my favorite fish in the world to catch. They fight like they are twice their size.

Are the stripeys at Castaic those hybrid types or are they full blooded stripers?

umtduckhead 03-02-2011 04:48 PM

SIEBLER.. my faught... SAN DIEGO..

whenever ever the stripers are going off GIVE ME A SHOUT!

kareem korn 03-02-2011 06:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes,

speedydk 03-03-2011 04:50 AM

I know Castaic and Pyramid are well known for the stripers but it is a drive for the San Diego guys I've been thinking Silverwood for a long time but haven't made it there yet. Any other place "sit on top friendly" we could find some striper action?
Darren

mtnbykr2 03-03-2011 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedydk (Post 77403)
I know Castaic and Pyramid are well known for the stripers but it is a drive for the San Diego guys I've been thinking Silverwood for a long time but haven't made it there yet. Any other place "sit on top friendly" we could find some striper action?
Darren

Silverwood is the only other striper lake I know that an sot is allowed other than Castaic and Pyramid, I believe we should plan one...:reel:

Siebler 03-03-2011 10:56 AM

Theres always room for a Colorado River trip too.... Good Striper fishing along with everything else is to be had out there.

StinkyMatt 03-03-2011 11:15 AM

Silverwood is a crap hole in my opinion. Live 25 minutes from it and don't fish it anymore. Too many dumb wanna be gangsters take their family affairs there and trash the place. The stocked trout are fairly easy to catch on powerbait in any cove, but the striper fishing has never worked out much for me.

Colorado river, further but clean, scenic and fish possibilities all over the place.

A few friends and I went on a overnighter last year and had a blast thumping on some cats. :)

YakMedic 03-03-2011 04:15 PM

Silverwood was a great striper lake 5yrs ago. I caught some good ones from there but it slowed down a lot. Last summer I only caught largemoith and catfish. If your willing to drive the Colo is the way to go, or the Sacramento delta. Central cali you acne fish lake san antonio, great striper lake and I think sot friendly.