Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Please Help Me (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=12218)

taggermike 12-26-2011 04:33 PM

Please Help Me

5 days before x-mas some POS popped my back garage door and stole my whole arsenal. 15, 20, 30, 40 lb set ups, calstar 90J/Newell combo, okuma 2 speed set up, 4 lighter bay rods, gaff, plano boxes of irons and jig heads, and several bags of plastics and hooks.

I can't begin to replace this stuff right now.

Do any of you BWE-ers have any 2nd or 3rd string back up gear you'd be willing to sell on the cheap side? Old Penn 3/0, 4/0, 500, jig master, original daiwa black and blue sealines, shimano TLD 15/30. 20/40 on any old sabers, pacificas, ugly stick tigers, any damn thing that will get me fishing again. Its all good.

PM me or post up below. Big thanks, Mike

ship 4 brains 12-26-2011 05:04 PM

I have a few jig masters, you can use/have until you get back on your feet, or forever. They are not being used now. No worries.

Jeff

bellcon 12-26-2011 05:37 PM

that's an ugly Christmas story for sure
what a bummer!

I have at least one Penn jig master 500 and a couple of those sabre pacificas
and you are welcome to use them as long as you need

Not sure where you are located
I'm up in San Pedro, down in LJ a few times a month, but probably wont be back down for a week or so

Let me know

Drake 12-26-2011 05:44 PM

Don't have renters or homeowners insurance?

I don't have gear but I have a lot of irons I could sell off pretty fair. PM me if you need some

Matt 12-26-2011 07:33 PM

Call an old friend I got some gear for ya Mike!! For bay and Lj ....gimme a ring 6198882574

Matt F.

oneyedeer 12-26-2011 09:01 PM

was the gear custom or factory? if its custom put up description you never know that one of us might find it...also post a wanted ad on craigslist the thief might come to the cheese

William Novotny 12-27-2011 06:29 AM

I second that

I'm constantly searching craigslist for fishing gear in all three counties. Even if it wasnt custom, throw a detailed list of all the lost gear and I'll keep my ear to the ground. I don't have much to offer but I have a saber rod you can have. Its kinda a broom stick though.

Why do the holidays bring out the worst in some people? F*ck :the_finger:thieves

mtnbykr2 12-27-2011 07:22 AM

Sounds like a job for the "BWE crime division"...sorry to hear of the theft...
that must be devistating, put up all the info so everyone knows what to look for, maybe someone will find it for sale and then send in the cavalry...
I hope something turns up for you, I have some similar stuff for you to use like listed before,
let me know:reel:

taggermike 12-27-2011 07:27 AM

You guys rock! Nope, no insurance. 3 of the rods were ghetto home wrapped jobs that are one of kind but have no names or identifacation on them.
Rods
Calstar 700L black blank with all black wraps, tuna cord handle with several turks heads. Small wrap of red below top guide. home wrapped
Calstar 670? black with red and black wraps, cork tape handle, one of the guides is held on with duck tape. Home wrapped
Calstar 90J honey blank with mixed matched wraps, old and ugly, cork tape handle. home wrapped
AllStar 8' trigger stick 20-40, cork handle, black
7' Shimano terramar spinning rod 12-20, black
5.5' Okuma blue water 30-60? black
Seeker React 6' spinnerbait rod, black trigger.
Bass Pro shops extreem 6' trigger stick
6.5' berkley 2 piece spinning rod, red and white.
7' ugly stick inshore sellect, black 1 piece. brand f'n new

Reels
Newell 338
Okuma Titus 2 speed
Okuma convector 40
Daiwa 20SL w/red spectra
Daiwa 30sl old black and blue
Cabelas bait runner spinning reel
Shimano Sahara spinner
Brand new Penn Fierce 2000 spinner
Shimano Curado 100
Abu black max bait caster

3' thin bamboo gaff. black and blue tuna cord wrapped. home made
matching fish billy club (hammer handle) black and blue wraps
These 2 items are very distinctive. Wish I had photos

Other shit
10 rigged promar hoop nets
Square kitty litter bucket with plano cases and loads of irons and black leather fighting belt.
Snap-On multi tool kit in sliver metal case

Mike

Siebler 12-27-2011 07:47 AM

I feel you man. Back in March while I was at Fred Hall Long Beach for the week somebody did the same at my place. Luckily I claimed it all on my renters insurance but still have barely replaced anything.

Doing the claim was really hard because they wanted to know the value of items like old D8's, Kelp Cutters, and other old stuff you just cant get anymore. Probably sold this stuff to somebody for 20 bucks when it is priceless to the right people.

If I run across anything ill let you know, been finding some old Penn reels and boxes and such lately that I probably wont use.

PescadorPete 12-27-2011 08:23 AM

Mike, check your pm
~~pete~~~

Mr. Adventure 12-27-2011 12:07 PM

awesome community guys!

jorluivil 12-27-2011 12:14 PM

I have a Penn 320 GTI on a Penn 7' Power Stick....use it as long as you want. I'm in Norwalk near the 91/605 so if you happen to pass by just let me know and I'll come meet you or you can come by my crib

erinoo 12-27-2011 01:31 PM

I"ve got some extra jigmasters and rods you can use until when ever,,just let me know....Eric