Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   MakoBob - You will be missed my friend! (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=35073)

SDROB 04-21-2020 04:29 AM

MakoBob - You will be missed my friend!

1 Attachment(s)
With a heavy heart, I just received a call this morning that our friend - MakoBob - Has passed away.

You will be missed my friend... Thank you for all the good memories, fishing knowledge, days on the water and friendship!

May you rest in peace! Tight lines!:jig:

TJones 04-21-2020 06:20 AM

what happened?

any details? virus related?

cris 04-21-2020 06:41 AM

Sincerest condolences.

Rest in peace and tight lines Amigo.

Hunters Pa 04-21-2020 07:16 AM

true friend of the kayak fishing community.

FoodGeekFish 04-21-2020 07:24 AM

Fair winds and following seas, amigo

Bob had a generosity of spirit that was immeasurable, willing to share all that he had, and then trying to find more to share.

Bob had a zest for life and a passion to live it that was so strong that you couldn't help but be caught up in it when he was around.

Bob would get this mischievous twinkle in his eyes as he'd regale you with a story that was mostly true. Probably.

He will be sorely missed.

walrus 04-21-2020 07:28 AM

"Thank You Bob, You changed our lives in a very good way just by knowing you!"

RIP

Ben and the brothers.

Chuck D 04-21-2020 07:31 AM

RIP BOB

Bob changed my life in regards to kayak fishing in the outer bounds and pushing my passion to the limits. I will never forget you Bob, our family will never forget you, tight lines Amigo:reel:

lamb 04-21-2020 07:38 AM

Very sad news. :(
He was a fighter, and a good man.
RIP Bob, smooth seas!

octico 04-21-2020 08:14 AM

RIP Bob, great man. I had a chance to meet him a few times, a really generous and humble person.

YakDout 04-21-2020 08:17 AM

Ah man this sucks. Bob was so cool and generous. Taught be so much about BAJA and fishing. The knowledge he had blew me away, always had an answer to everything. Always a great outlook on life despite his conditions. You will be missed brother!

Makoville lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saba Slayer 04-21-2020 09:48 AM

Give...

Bob knew how to give...and give and give and give...:notworthy:
What a Huge Heart...:notworthy:
He'll be sorely missed by the kayaking community...:cheers1:
Calm Winds now Bob...!

Mahigeer 04-21-2020 11:26 AM

This was a shocker.

I saw the video on facebook, and thought it was just thanking him, until I saw a word. RIP

Anybody knows the details? As far as I know he was going to get on the Second Wind.

As the Turks would say.."May he rest in light".

His saying of "don't wait 20 years and 20 years later say--I wish I had done such and such. If you want it that bad, find a way to do it."

Be cause of that saying I made my trip to fly fish in Canada. A 50 some year dream came true.

C. Cary 04-21-2020 11:43 AM

Lost a bright light. Rest in Peace Mako Bob.

SDROB 04-21-2020 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJones (Post 306068)
any details? virus related?

From what I know, Bob had dinner yesterday at the La Poma restaurant and all seemed normal. I do not believe that was the case.

FISH11 04-21-2020 12:20 PM

A very sad day for the BWE community. Bob was the most generous man I ever met, totally unselfish. He's fishing baja for ever, pain free and standing tall on his birth legs. You will be missed Bob.

ProfessorLongArms 04-21-2020 12:29 PM

That's so sad. I only got to meet Bob when my dad and I went down to Gonzaga the once, but he's up there among the most unique, wry, and genuine advocates for true personal happiness I've seen.

Rob, I gathered you two were close.
I'm really sorry for your loss and that of the community.

stevie951 04-21-2020 12:29 PM

Mako gave me the courage to travel beyond my comfort zones.. He introduced me to the beautiful land that we all know as Baja.. He had a fighting spirit I knew like no other and no matter his situation would always reach out to make sure you were doing ok..

He will be sorely missed.. This still has not taken toll and will not for a while with everything going on but he knows the effect he had on others.. May his soul rest in peace..

This hurts..
Moore fish for you now brother.. Thanks for everything Bob

:(

-Stevie

Dennis 04-21-2020 01:09 PM

So sorry to hear. My thoughts and prayers to his friends and family.

GregAndrew 04-21-2020 02:37 PM

The most generous fisherman I have ever met. With his time, effort and money. You will be missed my friend!

Gr8fuldude 04-21-2020 06:06 PM

A LEGEND

This hurts. I'm grateful for Roberto, and for the time I got to spend with him. He realized his vision of paradise in Las Encantadas, and then he opened it up to any and all, including me. My life is richer, both with Baja Fishing memories and with Baja fishing friends that I met through Bob. Saltwater kayak fishing runs through my veins thanks to Bob. My kayak still has that ridiculous "100 fish in a day at Gonzaga" sticker you gave me.

Roberto, thanks for your generosity and for coaxing so many of us down to Gonzaga where dreams came true. Thank you for making a huge impact in my life. You did good, my friend.

Gracias amigo, por todo lo que hiciste por mi.

May your spirit find repose in the eternal beauty of the Sea of Cortez sunrise.