Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   San Diego brain-storming session. Saturday June 13th at my house (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=5238)

zenspearo 06-03-2009 07:38 AM

San Diego brain-storming session. Saturday June 13th at my house

San Diegans (and I mean the county).

The MLPA roadshow is coming to town. We San Diegans are the guinea pigs. June 29th is the first of the series, and it's in San Diego. June 30th is the second of the series, and it's in Carlsbad. All meetings start at 7PM.

Let's make sure we San Diegans adequately prepare ourselves to meet the challenge and have a huge turnout for the meetings.

We know the Friends of the Seals, APRL, and other animal organizations will drum up their people. They don't need to hit the ground running. They are already on the ground. Heck, looking at the current Children's Pool situation, they think they own the ground.

We have many tasks to do. We need to coordinate with other communities (Kayakfishermen, spearos, hook&line, commercials, etc.) and we need to have unified messages. We need to have posters, handouts. We need to hit the marinas, the bait shops, the various marine-related businesses.

I am proposing a potluck brunch at my house in Poway on Saturday, June 13, 2009 starting at 3PM. That way, people can get in their morning dives, and can still attend the meeting. We will discuss game plans and get prepared for the June 29 and June 30th MLPA roadshow workshops.

This is about saving our hometown La Jolla and Point Loma diving and fishing kelp beds. We need to have a HUGE turnout to make sure our point of view is adequately represented.

In every San Diego seal meeting, we have been outnumbered 2:1, 3:1 or more. Let's flip the ratio--let's have more spearos and fishermen than enviros in San Diego for once.

Let me know if you can make it. Saturday June 13, 2009 at 3PM in Poway (I'll PM the addy later to those attending).

1. Joe (zenspearo)
2. Corey
3. Tyler Durden
4. Kurt
5. ?
6. ??

tylerdurden 06-03-2009 07:45 AM

Count me in.

Holy Mackerel 06-03-2009 07:58 AM

This is a great opportunity guys/gals! Joe is opening up his home, and this is a good chance to unify with spearos, H&L, and commercials! :cool:

Unfortunately, I will only be there in spirit, I forgot that I am on the Islander 2.5 day that weekend! DOH!

zenspearo 06-03-2009 08:10 AM

Chris,

If a lot of kayakfishermen are off that weekend, we can do it on a weeknight?

Holy Mackerel 06-03-2009 08:23 AM

Joe, I think the Islander only has up to 22 passengers. After getting stoked up after our conversation last night for this Potluck, I was bummed to look at the calender. I don't want to throw a wrench in the plans, and cause a re-schedule. Although, if the date is moved, I obviously will be there! A weeknight might be harder for attendence. I think we can still get a good showing of SD kayakers there to help get the ball rolling. Let me know what works best for all.

Corey 06-03-2009 11:05 AM

I have to check my calendar, but will do my best to be there.

kurt 06-03-2009 11:35 AM

I can do Saturday. If the date changes, I will do everything possible to attend.

Holy Mackerel 06-03-2009 11:52 AM

Cool guys! Everyone who can please attend, this meeting will be about MLPA stuff, but will bridge the gap from all parties concerned. Also, it will be a nice place for a cold beer, n BBQ!

chris

zenspearo 06-03-2009 12:03 PM

Okay, let's stick with the 13th then.

My house can hold about 50 comfortably so the more the merrier.

We hope for 50+

Let's chat more Thursday up in LA.

Holy Mackerel 06-05-2009 08:25 AM

Bump! :cool:

Matt 06-05-2009 08:38 AM

I will be a bit late but count me in!!:cheers1:

Grego 06-05-2009 08:59 AM

Can a LA County guy come down? I'll wear a Chargers jersey:eek: Eventually the roadshow is coming up this way and I think it would help to be consistent in our message...unless, there is someone heading up a strategy room up here that I'm not aware of.

zenspearo 06-05-2009 09:44 AM

The more the merrier. Please let me know.

In LA, the spearos have Joe Farlo (the guy with the "Tyrant" message yesterday at the meeting) but it's a cross-community effort so if you guys have someone else, the spearos would be very grateful to join force to share the load and have a consistent message. That goes for H&L and commercials as well.

Joe.

Holy Mackerel 06-05-2009 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grego (Post 39612)
I'll wear a Chargers jersey:eek:

Someone please take a picture! :luxhello:

Billy V 06-05-2009 10:16 AM

I'm in....
what ever the dates.

zenspearo 06-05-2009 11:11 AM

Saturday June 13, 2009 at 3PM in Poway (I'll PM the addy later to those attending).

1. Joe (zenspearo)
2. Corey
3. Tyler Durden
4. Kurt
5. Matt
6. Grego
7. Billy V.
8. ??
9. ??

Holy Mackerel 06-05-2009 01:11 PM

Grego, and OC-LA Kayakers,

I asked Darren (Ascendv6) about kayakers attending their area brain storming, and his response was "ABSOLUTELY!" So, certainly come down, here, you will get some ideas, but just wanted to present you with an option up norte. If anyone is interested, send him a PM for details.

http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=85431

Tman 06-05-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenspearo (Post 39620)
Saturday June 13, 2009 at 3PM in Poway (I'll PM the addy later to those attending).

1. Joe (zenspearo)
2. Corey
3. Tyler Durden
4. Kurt
5. Matt
6. Grego
7. Billy V.
8. ??
9. ??

Um, Joe, I don't think you need to put your name on the list...after all, it is your house and we hope you'll be there...:D

I'll try to make it...

Sherm 06-05-2009 02:04 PM

I'll see if I can make it. May have to move some things around. After attending the meeting Thursday....I want to make sure I stay involved.

so cal shaggy 06-05-2009 02:59 PM

Joe, Erika and I will try to make this session, it is just a few days after the OC session so I will have some fresh ideas on what we worked out on how to plan.