Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   West Coast Whoppers 2010 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   West Coast Whoppers 2010 Rules and Registration (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=6515)

T-Rex 02-04-2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgax65 (Post 50168)
No WCW prize, but you will be considered for potential membership on TEAM NO FISH

That's an offer I can't refuse!!:D

I'm in.

ratdog 02-05-2010 01:37 PM

Made my donation today via paypal, please sign me up.

Nic D 02-22-2010 07:00 PM

I just signed up/paypaled under nic@tamarackstudios.

now then, I guess I should go buy a kayak :D

- nic

bigbarrels 07-19-2010 07:12 PM

Do fish caught Baja count?

WCW Moderator 07-19-2010 07:53 PM

Yes, yellowtail, halibut and WSB caught in Baja do count, just make sure you get an accurate weight, tape shot and photo of you and the fish!

Stan K G 09-11-2010 11:24 PM

out of curiousity, how would you handle C&R fish? hard enough to tape a live fish on a yak

yakrider 09-12-2010 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stan K G (Post 64596)
out of curiousity, how would you handle C&R fish? hard enough to tape a live fish on a yak


good question...
one that may have been answered if you actually read the rules :doh:
(sorry, I couldn't help myself... I too am lazy when it comes to reading rules)

here is what the rules say...

Big Water’s Edge encourages the responsible management of our fisheries. The rules of this contest allow for catch and release
fishing. Please do not keep more than you can eat. For current size and bag limits please visit The California DFG website:

wade 09-12-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yakrider (Post 64615)
here is what the rules say...Big Water’s Edge encourages the responsible management of our fisheries. The rules of this contest allow for catch and release
fishing. Please do not keep more than you can eat. For current size and bag limits please visit The California DFG website:



How so, WCW Mods? I would like to release more...

:wsb::yt::wsb::yt:
_________________________________

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/5935/32824935.jpg

Stan K G 09-12-2010 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yakrider (Post 64615)
good question...
one that may have been answered if you actually read the rules :doh:
(sorry, I couldn't help myself... I too am lazy when it comes to reading rules)

here is what the rules say...

Big Water’s Edge encourages the responsible management of our fisheries. The rules of this contest allow for catch and release
fishing. Please do not keep more than you can eat. For current size and bag limits please visit The California DFG website:

THat's not my question, don't rush to be smart.

I can't weigh a big, live fish on a kayak..especially the big YT/WSB

yakrider 09-12-2010 08:07 PM

Ahh yes, Grasshopper...
with Boga Grip...
one can weigh big fish on kayak...

(won't be 100% accurate, but what uncertified scale is? and ounces don't count anyways)

and my appologies for the "rush to be smart"...
I couldn't help myself :dontknow:

Nic D 09-12-2010 08:37 PM

can you tape it out?

The Formula: found online

((Girth x Girth) x Length) / 800 = weight in pounds

(girth and length are inches)
Example:
If the fish’s girth is 15 inches and its length is 29 inches, the formula would be used as follows:

15 x 15 x 29, divided by 800 = 8.16 pounds
Then the ".16" or "16/100" is converted to ounces (multiply by 16)
.16 x 16 = 2.56 or 3 ounces
so this fish is 8 pounds 3 ounces

GregAndrew 09-12-2010 08:50 PM

Unless you are standing up in your yak, you are not going to be able to read any hand held scale while holding up a WSB, YT or large Halibut. I don't think I could hold anything more than 36 inches or so above the water while seated. A vinyl tape measure attached to your paddle could help with the tape shot although having a hand free to snap the pic might be tough.

Iceman 09-14-2010 07:51 AM

The intent of catch and release in the rules is more for other eyeballs. We trust that entries won't be out there killing fish for points.

We should just have a set # of points for a released fish, where you just document the release with a photo or vid.

Tape shot can be done easily with the assist of a friend and a tape on the side of the yak


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 2002 Big Water's Edge. All rights reserved.