Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Bass Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   No trip needed to the hardware store. (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=37488)

MITCHELL 12-14-2023 03:07 AM

No trip needed to the hardware store.

3 Attachment(s)
Tent stake rod holders.

MITCHELL 12-14-2023 03:17 AM

Not as cute as those flip-up spring loaded holders

1 Attachment(s)
:cheers1:That supposedly set the hook when the trout take the cheese. But do I really need to add to my over load when I'm trying to simplify.

MITCHELL 12-14-2023 03:36 AM

Yes....I was a Lego kid....

1 Attachment(s)
And not much has changed, why quite doing what you enjoy. What seems like small potatoes 🥔 to some gets me though another day. Build it use it enjoy it.

MITCHELL 12-14-2023 03:48 AM

Only used bolts on one stem.

And duck tape on the other. Shurtape 622 duck tape
BTW you never want to mask a window and leave the tape on for a month or longer unless it's 622 you will be sorry especially in the back country where it gets hot
Good luck with the goo gone.

MITCHELL 12-14-2023 03:51 AM

Pictures

1 Attachment(s)
Failure unload

MITCHELL 12-14-2023 03:55 AM

If first you don't

1 Attachment(s)
Succeed try again

MITCHELL 12-14-2023 05:48 AM

I may not donate to your kids as much as I want......

But they will get it all in the end. ;)

MITCHELL 12-14-2023 02:56 PM

I was color coordinated today....

2 Attachment(s)
At least I didn't get skunked chair fishing

MITCHELL 12-14-2023 03:07 PM

I thought for a moment the pelican was chasing....

2 Attachment(s)
The trout my way but no bites.
I pulled the pin at 2pm.
It looks like sneaky Pete was going to free load on my trout as I had my back turn to load up.

MITCHELL 12-14-2023 05:07 PM

Out of corn 🌽 meal

1 Attachment(s)
Even tho it was a panko crust skillet frying pan disaster
It still taste good. No muddy bottom taste
Can't wait to get more hope the bigger ones taste this good, case closed.

JohnMckroidJr 12-15-2023 03:33 PM

Hey Mitch, you're pretty handy making stuff. Nice job on the rod holders.:reel:

MITCHELL 12-15-2023 05:03 PM

Thanks

As I think back I could have been a guy like Jessie James or the guy from occ making bikes. I had a company called Metal fab custom designs during the recession in 1982 there was no new construction going on in my trade I was in. Metal came easy for me I had a nature talent for it. I built a 400RD twin three wheeler that's what got me in Metal when construction stopped and I wasn't a journeyman in the trade I was doing. So no connection no work. I wish it would have been street bikes instead of a three wheeler with no suspension.
But I did have fun on the RD with paddle tires that lead me no where. I ended up doing ornamental iron, flat beds racks hitches mobile welding security gates but it was nickel and dime stuff. And the woman I was with left me
I closed it down when construction picked up, the 80s boom and got a full time job but the damage was done to our relationship plus I was still in love with the girl before her to escape the misery I went and bought a 250r pro link suspension three wheeler and hit the desert 🏜 scene my timing was totally off on how things should have went.i didn't have a good cash flow like Jessie James making harley finders. Since watching the two shows made me realize what I could have been.