Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Raffle Drawing Results (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=6187)

Billy V 10-23-2009 02:05 PM

Raffle Drawing Results

Members,

As you may have noticed we were all busy at the Oct.21 meeting fighting for our future. They saved my public comment for last speaker of the night.
Then again on Oct. 22 with more of the same.
-Its for this reason the raffle drawing was conducted late Thursday night, sorry for any delay.

Here are the Winners for the Squidco $50 Gift Certificates:
1. David Martin - San Pedro
2. Gary Sullivan - Spring Valley
3. Joy Oshima - Huntington Beach
4. Patrick Muench - SD
5. Richard Valdez - Carson
6. Don Lang - SD
7. Gabe Martin - Azusa
8. Kurt Schindler - Point Loma
9. Mark Brisley - Laguna Beach
10. Erika Pettite (714)

Here are the Winners for the Seeker and Avet MLX
1. Joe Nguyen - Poway (Seeker Fishing Rod)
-The Rod does not come with instructions, rubber bands, or a conversion kit for spearing. You'll have to learn how to use it. :reel:

2. Elbie Bartolome - Encinitas (Avet MLX)

Thank You all for making the commitment and attending this pivotal meeting. You made a difference in this process, and I'm proud to have fought along side you all.

I will be mailing out the gift certificates this week if you wrote an address on the ticket, or I will call the phone number to get it from you.

PAL 10-23-2009 02:40 PM

Hah! Can't believe Joe N won the Seeker. Well deserved. I'll trade you an Ugly Stick for it. Can use it to display your dive flag.

tylerdurden 10-23-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAL (Post 46234)
Hah! Can't believe Joe N won the Seeker. Well deserved. I'll trade you an Ugly Stick for it. Can use it to display your dive flag.

:D:biggrinjester:

At least we can laugh at something today.

zenspearo 10-23-2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAL (Post 46234)

Told my wife I got a seeker rod and she said, "Hey, let's put the kids to bed by 8PM tonight?"

WTF is a seeker rod? If it's NSFW, I don't want to google it until I get home...

zenspearo 10-23-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy V (Post 46230)
Members,

As you may have noticed we were all busy at the Oct.21 meeting fighting for our future. They saved my public comment for last speaker of the night.
Then again on Oct. 22 with more of the same.
-Its for this reason the raffle drawing was conducted late Thursday night, sorry for any delay.

Here are the Winners for the Squidco $50 Gift Certificates:
1. David Martin - San Pedro
2. Gary Sullivan - Spring Valley
3. Joy Oshima - Huntington Beach
4. Patrick Muench - SD
5. Richard Valdez - Carson
6. Don Lang - SD
7. Gabe Martin - Azusa
8. Kurt Schindler - Point Loma
9. Mark Brisley - Laguna Beach
10. Erika Pettite (714)

Here are the Winners for the Seeker and Avet MLX
1. Joe Nguyen - Poway (Seeker Fishing Rod)
-The Rod does not come with instructions, rubber bands, or a conversion kit for spearing. You'll have to learn how to use it. :reel:

2. Elbie Bartolome - Encinitas (Avet MLX)

Thank You all for making the commitment and attending this pivotal meeting. You made a difference in this process, and I'm proud to have fought along side you all.

I will be mailing out the gift certificates this week if you wrote an address on the ticket, or I will call the phone number to get it from you.

Thanks Billy for your hard work!!! And for closing the Oct. 21st testimony so well for all of us.

Gino 10-23-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenspearo (Post 46237)
Told my wife I got a seeker rod and she said, "Hey, let's put the kids to bed by 8PM tonight?"

WTF is a seeker rod? If it's NSFW, I don't want to google it until I get home...

Lol funny stuff.

Thanks Joe for your organization and hard work. especially yesterday.

:you_rock:

Grego 10-23-2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenspearo (Post 46237)

BAHAHAHAHHAHAAA....Joe you can use the seeker rod for a dive flag pole, people will think you got $$$ to burn! You'll have the best looking flag pole on ANY spearfishing boat! Congrats!

so cal shaggy 10-23-2009 04:41 PM

Billy, Erika just called me to tell me that "Billy just called me to tell me I won something from Squidco." the first thing I asked her was I guess we have to go down there and use it. Joe won the seeker rod???? Hey Joe, I will trade you a carbon fiber pole spear for it :D J/K we will have to arrange a H&L trip aboard the zencat.

kurt 10-23-2009 04:56 PM

Thanks again to the great guys down at Squidco.

joyjiggin' 10-23-2009 09:26 PM

I WON something??? Impossible! Billy V., you have my address, right? Thank you again for all you've donefor us, and the brilliant idea of putting together this raffle. Joy:luxhello:

esdees 10-24-2009 06:45 AM

Cool. Thank you Billy and Squidco!

gary sullivan 10-24-2009 06:58 AM

Squidco's the BEST !!!

habanero 10-24-2009 07:29 AM

I can't believe I won something either! :luxhello:I'm going to rush out and get a lottery ticket, win that, then buy some science that proves how well the fisheries are doing in So Cal:rolleyes:

Thank you all for your hard work! I know this isn't over yet but we sure have come a long way and no one can say we sat on our :reddy: and let this get away from us:you_rock:

Thank you Squidco! and how about Shimano stepping up to the plate! I was wondering why they and other heavies were so silent!

Pescado 10-25-2009 03:59 PM

I won the AVET reel. When Bill told me I won, I was surprised. I told him I couldn't win a horserace with 1 horse in the lineup as it would leave the gate and break its leg. Just want to thank Paul Lebowitz, (he is the our South Coast Regional Stakeholder in the MLPA process) who donated this awesome reel. I didn't expect to win. Thank you Billy for arduous effort in sustaining our right to kayak fish. It was nice meeting a lot of fellow fisherman at the MLPA meeting.

Tman 10-25-2009 08:45 PM

4 posts and ya won the coveted reel?...WTF!

Just kidding, congrats, proof it pays to help with the cause.

Now go buy a lotto ticket...:biggrinjester:

Grego 10-25-2009 10:56 PM

Pfffftt....sucks...I never win crap!!!!!! :biggrinjester: