Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   West Coast Whoppers 2011 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   WCW 2011 Rules and Registration (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=9750)

JoeBeck 04-20-2011 01:48 PM

I'll contribute to the tournament pot. With my work schedule and now a newborn not sure how much I'll get out fishing local waters (reason most of my post are vacations :D). But all who frequent this board on a regular basis should join and support WCW $25 bucks, not bad. Better to submit your fish here right? as it does mean you got a WHOPPER!

Of course admin could put a lock so only individuals in the tournament can see the post, that way to see the good fishing reports you have to be part of it :biggrinjester:

Anyway, I have a couple fishing trips planned this year already. Don't fear the competition! :cheers1:

sdfisher 04-21-2011 07:12 AM

just made my contribution to the jackpot. Being that in my two years of kayak fishing all I have caught at La Jolla is a halibut I hope the winner enjoys my donation!

Maybe this will change my luck...

deepdvr 04-21-2011 01:51 PM

Here's a thought

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdfisher (Post 81731)
I hope the winner enjoys my donation!

Well, since it is pretty much a lock for The Darkhorse to win, I think he should run a promotion where anyone who enters WCW now has a $25 credit towards guide service.

If you can't beat em, join em.

For the record, I plan on beating him and I'll gladly pay full fare. :D

jorluivil 04-21-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepdvr (Post 81753)
Well, since it is pretty much a lock for The Darkhorse to win, I think he should run a promotion where anyone who enters WCW now has a $25 credit towards guide service.

If you can't beat em, join em.

For the record, I plan on beating him and I'll gladly pay full fare. :D

I'm going to join 10x:D

sdfisher 04-21-2011 10:22 PM

Of course admin could put a lock so only individuals in the tournament can see the post, that way to see the good fishing reports you have to be part of it :biggrinjester:

sounds like good incentive for people to join!

jorluivil 04-21-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdfisher (Post 81803)

sounds like good incentive for people to join!

Since I'm already in I concur.

sharonkayak 05-04-2011 06:11 PM

Ok. watch out boys... joined your contest. so now you have to compete against the girls!!!

going out tomorrow to start accumualting some points. hahahaha

Ill be speeding around in my new turbo fins...

Whizz Bang 05-04-2011 09:38 PM

I think I just joined, if I did the paypal thingy right. I figure I have given enough money to Josh....what is a little more. I had in error thought that this thing was running from Jan 01 and that I had missed a 1/3 of it in AFG. Not the case. Good luck all. Even Sharon.:D

flydigital 05-24-2011 12:00 PM

Just signed up!

Regor 06-03-2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WCW Moderator (Post 79113)
West Coast Whoppers 2011 Rules and Registration
Big Water’s Edge encourages the responsible management of our fisheries. The rules of this contest allow for catch and release fishing.

Can I get some help in this area?

Gotta have a tape measure shot, and weight of the fish via scale.

So you carry a hand held scale on-board and get a weight? But wouldn't that risk the fish's chances when release? Is there a safe way/place to do this? (lip, tail ....)

Thx

WCW Moderator 06-03-2011 10:22 AM

Not practical in all cases, but any of the 3 species hovering just over 10 pounds can be documented via catch and release. A tape along the side of the kayak and another person to photo is one way of getting the tape shot. Weighing on a quality boga would be an acceptable weight or subtract the weight of the game clip on a hand held digital scale.

deepdvr 06-03-2011 10:29 AM

WON WSB tourney clarification

If a competitor catches an eligible fishing during the WON White Sea Bass tourney this weekend, will they receive a 10 point bonus similar to the Hubbs/Moyer tourney?

WCW Moderator 06-03-2011 01:18 PM

The WON kayak division came into being long after this year's rules were drawn up, so there won't be any bonus points awarded for this.

deepdvr 06-03-2011 01:47 PM

Good....cause I'm not fishing it.

fishstew 06-17-2011 05:14 PM

I'm in.....Now lets hope I can get something good this weekend....