Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   reel repairs needed (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=27211)

stoned-trout 09-29-2015 09:04 AM

reel repairs needed

can anyone recommend a shop near normal heights san diego....quantum catylist ct40pti occasional anti reverse failure,,,,Shakespeare tidewater freeliner tws50fl need to be partially reassembled ...I am having issues with 3 parts after trying to clean and grease/oil it, and a tidewater t20lo that has drag issues...thanks .....

WARRIORMIKE 09-29-2015 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoned-trout (Post 243481)
can anyone recommend a shop near normal heights san diego....quantum catylist ct40pti occasional anti reverse failure,,,,Shakespeare tidewater freeliner tws50fl need to be partially reassembled ...I am having issues with 3 parts after trying to clean and grease/oil it, and a tidewater t20lo that has drag issues...thanks .....

Mail them to SAV-On tackle in Santa Fe Springs

summers in kuwait 09-29-2015 10:13 AM

Recently I've been trying to utilize Alan Tani's website and do some things myself, when applicable.

But squidco is a great shop for reel repairs.

sculpins4bait 09-30-2015 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summers in kuwait (Post 243492)
Recently I've been trying to utilize Alan Tani's website and do some things myself, when applicable.

But squidco is a great shop for reel repairs.

squidco is great for that but last I checked theyre backed up and had a very long wait, 1-2 months. Alan Tanis tutorials are very helpful as are youtube videos if its a popular reel. Otherwise just use the schematic u can find online and take alot of pics during dissasembly. Helps to know your reels if you're a kayak fisherman.

summers in kuwait 09-30-2015 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculpins4bait (Post 243563)
squidco is great for that but last I checked theyre backed up and had a very long wait, 1-2 months. Alan Tanis tutorials are very helpful as are youtube videos if its a popular reel. Otherwise just use the schematic u can find online and take alot of pics during dissasembly. Helps to know your reels if you're a kayak fisherman.

True. They can take a little while, especially if they have to order parts and I bet they are really busy during this season.

buddha 09-30-2015 10:56 AM

call glenn pamaran at reel connection 619 429 0997 he will do it faster than squidco and has over 20 years of experience for shimano as a certified reel technician.

RedSledTeam 09-30-2015 02:53 PM

x2 when it comes to Shimano repairs, Glenn is the man he's who Shimano sends their reels to!!!

FARRIER 09-30-2015 03:19 PM

alan tani has step by step guides. You can update your drags and bearings for the price you would pay for repairs and learn a lot about your reels too. Learning how to take them down teaches you how to do a "field strip" vs a full end of season teardown. I would really suggest it. Or you can bribe people with beers and take em to their house with the parts.....

Cubanaso 10-01-2015 02:27 PM

Another vote for Alan Tani's site. very helpful and loaded with knowledgeable people willing to help.