Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Shimano Terez 41% off (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=30428)

Hunters Pa 01-04-2017 02:10 PM

Shimano Terez 41% off

At West Marine

http://www.westmarine.com/outlet/buy...0?recordNum=12

Maxfli123 01-04-2017 04:00 PM

Thanks for the heads up!

cris 01-04-2017 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunters Pa (Post 273539)

Thanks for the heads up. Great rods

alanw 01-04-2017 07:12 PM

Great rods. I have one and just grabbed a backup. Now I just need to find another Curado 300ej for it on sale.

stevie951 01-04-2017 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanw (Post 273550)
Great rods. I have one and just grabbed a backup.

These are Conventional reel rods correct, not spinning?

alanw 01-04-2017 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevie951 (Post 273551)
These are Conventional reel rods correct, not spinning?

Yea, description says casting and model number TZCWX80MHSR the C stands for casting.

stevie951 01-04-2017 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanw (Post 273553)
Yea, description says casting and model number TZCWX80MHSR the C stands for casting.

Thanks amigo, tuh-ma-to, Ta-mah-toe :confused: may be young at age, but old at heart. All this new age stuff is for the birds. Give me Pole, and string I fish :reeling:

Guess i should break into the question of actual performance of a Conventional Reel on a Spinning Rod and vice versa ... But that can wait for another day ha, thanks again for the response.

Hunters Pa 01-04-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevie951 (Post 273558)
Guess i should break into the question of actual performance of a Conventional Reel on a Spinning Rod and vice versa ... But that can wait for another day ha, thanks again for the response.

Can be built on the same blank, different guides, guide spacing, reel seat and the spine is on the opposite side.

stevie951 01-04-2017 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunters Pa (Post 273562)
Can be built on the same blank, different guides, guide spacing, reel seat and the spine is on the opposite side.

Honestly, I have been using the the Okuma Azores, Penn Battle, and a couple other heavy duty reels on conventional rods this most recent season, and my first on the kayak here this last 2016.. Maybe due to the acclimation to the new environment but from boat to kayak, I noticed no immediate issues with using a Spinner on a bait caster rod ... had hang ups this season with the dropper loop and that twisting itself with the main line but thats the only thing i could thing of, every thing else is actual ergonomics: e.g. ability of a conventional reel to get down to 170ft compared to a spinner :rolleyes::D Wonder if there's an actual performance difference or if it's just preference

PapaDave 01-05-2017 06:32 AM

I use spinning reels as well as conventional. These days they make them pretty solid. Don't see much difference in performance except....

When getting your drag pulled out on a spinning reel the line tends to twist up, even braid.

I can cast farther with the spinning reel but not that much farther then a conventional.

P.S.
I've used a spinning reel on long range trips to land tuna, wahoo and yellow tail with no problems. Personally though, I prefer the conventional reels.

alanw 01-05-2017 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevie951 (Post 273563)
Wonder if there's an actual performance difference or if it's just preference

I think what Hunter said is the obvious problem when using a spinning rod with a conventional reel.. the spine is on the opposite side, and using a conventional rod with a spinning reel can't be good for casting distance in addition to the opposite spine problem.