Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Redondo success and failures (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=21433)

Flyak13 03-26-2014 09:39 PM

Redondo success and failures

1 Attachment(s)
So I'm somewhat a novice to kayak fishing . I have and ascend... But already looking to upgrade to a malibu stealth with my tax returns . So anyways I have been hitting redondo probably 5 times in the last month and just when I think I'm getting it dialed in I catch the ol white stripe . So far my best results have been using frozen candy drifting the walls for sand bass. I have caught a couple really nice specimens . I'm trying to figure out how to catch a darn Hali though! I was out this past Sunday and spent 4 hours drifting Carolina rigged live macs and dropper looped frozen candy defying from the jetty to the peir at various depths for nada ! Then went back to hitting the walls for The same result . If anyone wants to head out with me pm me . I'm usually available Tuesday Thursdays and weekends. And stay in woodland hills so anywhere between Santa Barbara and long beach... Maybe extending down to Diego if there's a killer bite in lo jolla I'm down to go and learn ! Thanks very much , my account has just been activTed so for now on my reports won't be so vague and bunched together ! I've also hit the wreck out there twice for so far one barely legal Sandy. Was hoping to be able to get some rockfish in the deep canyon and struck out there as we'll. I'm definitely not giving up ! But sure would love to get out there with an experienced veteran and take some notes !

alanw 03-26-2014 10:04 PM

That's it dude, keep at it. That halibut will come with time spent. Welcome to BWE

NEEFFF 03-27-2014 09:18 AM

Nice set of twins you got there! Last time i was out there soaking my hoops.. and fishing in between it was WFO on 10-14 inch calicos by the wall!

Squid Vicious 03-27-2014 02:47 PM

...try el segundo

FISH11 03-27-2014 04:22 PM

It looks like a good time to be looking for a Quality Kayak. There are a number of BWE members selling because of upgrade or moving. You should be able to pick one up, provably all rigged for a real good price. Good Luck.

FlyFishinYakr 03-30-2014 02:09 PM

Try north of the breakwater. Some one mentioned El Segundo, but try 100' or less about 100 yds outside the surf break :reel: . The 1/2 days I used to work on used to drift this area if we were headed home from "Short Banks" or El Segundo and we had some time to kill before getting back to the pier. Or during the sand bass bite.
Also check the grunion run schedule! ;)
FFY.

Flyak13 03-31-2014 12:16 PM

Thanks for the info and tips guys. It's very much apreciated. Hoping to get out by the end of the week. Just bought a new X factor and have been waiting for a ram mount for my ff and parts to wire the live well in the mail to come soon I hope.... Then it's game on.

Squid Vicious 03-31-2014 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyFishinYakr (Post 188413)
Try north of the breakwater. Some one mentioned El Segundo, but try 100' or less about 100 yds outside the surf break :reel: . The 1/2 days I used to work on used to drift this area if we were headed home from "Short Banks" or El Segundo and we had some time to kill before getting back to the pier. Or during the sand bass bite.
Also check the grunion run schedule! ;)
FFY.

....:)

FISH11 03-31-2014 09:54 PM

Congrats on your new (great) Kayak!

captnblood34 04-03-2014 09:34 PM

Keep at it!

Oh, your hat is a fail though! Easy fix.