Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   La Jolla 5/28/11 6:00 am (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=10361)

Joctane 05-27-2011 12:30 PM

La Jolla 5/28/11 6:00 am

Going out for the first time in La Jolla. Will be meeting a few people there. If you would like to join, please feel free. I might need some direction on how the heck to fish the kelp :) I'm all rigged up with an X-Factor with bait tank, fish finder, etc... but really don't know how to fish this area. :confused: I'm coming from fishing mainly freshwater, so the ocean is a bit new to me. Wish me luck! :reeling:

:wsb:

flydigital 05-27-2011 02:21 PM

Good luck out there!

Note that the waves will be an issue. As long as you expect and plan for a beating, you should be fine!

Joctane 05-27-2011 02:21 PM

Scratch the La Jolla plan, due to the Surf Reports. Going to be switching to Mission Bay, meeting at OEX Mission Bay at 8am. Again, whoever wants to join is more than welcome.

lowprofile 05-27-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joctane (Post 84819)
Scratch the La Jolla plan, due to the Surf Reports. Going to be switching to Mission Bay, meeting at OEX Mission Bay at 8am. Again, whoever wants to join is more than welcome.

so LJ is out? looks like ill head to Balboa. a little closer and same bay fish.

Joctane 05-27-2011 03:15 PM

Ok. So the woman decides to tell me that we have plans tomorrow, so unfortunately all this planning is scrapped. Good luck to everyone hitting the water tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have sometime Sunday or Monday.

StinkyMatt 05-27-2011 07:22 PM

The appropriate response should have been....

"Yes dear, I am aware of OUR plans for Friday. I will be fishing from 6 am tilll I get tired , the wind blows too hard, or I limit out. Whatever you do, I hope you enjoy it very much."

"Oh Honey, I will need you to clean and prepare the fish when I get home since I will be washing my kayak and don't feel like waiting for dinner too long."

:D:D:D

wiredantz 05-27-2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StinkyMatt (Post 84855)

"Yes dear, I am aware of OUR plans for Friday. I will be fishing from 6 am tilll I get tired , the wind blows too hard, or I limit out. Whatever you do, I hope you enjoy it very much."

"Oh Honey, I will need you to clean and prepare the fish when I get home since I will be washing my kayak and don't feel like waiting for dinner too long."

:the_finger: My wife loves so much she prepares the fish even if she says i can't go

Phatford 05-27-2011 09:41 PM

Morning of... at 3am tap your wife on the shoulder and ask her Fishin or sex?

Problem solved

stairman 05-28-2011 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phatford (Post 84876)

Problem solved

What a great idea! you either get hooked up or go try!

WahooUSMA 05-28-2011 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StinkyMatt (Post 84855)

LMAO

tptrench 05-28-2011 12:03 PM

Pull your tail from between you legs and go fishing! Geez, you're giving the name "man" a bad reputation.

catchnfish 05-28-2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phatford (Post 84876)

Problem solved

You may just be a genius.:notworthy: