Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Fishing NPH Thursday may 5th (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=10150)

danjor 05-04-2011 04:21 AM

Fishing NPH Thursday may 5th

Hello,
Im new to the forums and sorts new to kayak fishing. Have been fishing the freshwater lakes around so cal for a few months and been to mission bay once. So im interested in fishing Newport harobor tomorow if anyone wants to join me would enjoy some company and some know how about fishing salt water. Thinking of many launching around 6am. Let me know if you want to join me.

tagyak 05-04-2011 07:01 AM

just heard on the radio that there was a sewer line that broke in newport. not sure where exactly but some of the beaches are closed.
you may want to check out this condition before heading out there. if not newport try dana point. :)

danjor 05-04-2011 09:32 AM

It sounds like from what i read online that the spill was outside the harbor somwhere by the pier. So from my understanding everywhere inside should be open still.
But im going to wait and see if anyone wants to go with me. I would like to maby venture outside the harbor too if i can find somone to go with.
I am open to going somewhere else like if someone is going somewhere else and doesnt mind me tagging along with them. La Jolla could be a option to check out too but i have never launched in the surf so that could be intresting haha.

cjthomas 05-04-2011 09:51 AM

I was at Newport Harbor yesterday afternoon by Lido island and everything looked good.

speedydk 05-04-2011 12:12 PM

I might do the afternoon/evening shift.
Darren

danjor 05-04-2011 12:40 PM

Where is a good place to launch in newport? I have some wheels that I made for my yak but they are a work in progress so I don't want to treck too far on land with my kayak to the water from where I park.

StinkyMatt 05-04-2011 01:47 PM

Coast Guard beach. search it on this site and maps should come up. Free, easy access.

danjor 05-04-2011 07:48 PM

Okay so I will be launching out of the coast guard station beach at newport around 530am-6am. Hopefully it will be a great day on the water. Just finished makeing wheels for my kayak so I can make it across the sand.

tagyak 05-05-2011 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danjor (Post 82846)
Just finished makeing wheels for my kayak so I can make it across the sand.

by the time you read this; you may have learned that if you don't have those wheelez or "big wheel toy" wheels, it is very difficult to roll across sand. the regular wheels sink and then of course, you're stuck.

but i think the coast guard station had some renovations done to the launch site, i think their is a cement walk path from the parking to the launch. let us know how it is.

danjor 05-05-2011 09:20 AM

Well im on the water. No bites reply so im prob doing somethig wrong.fought some bait fish but that's bout t. Useing plastics lures and live bait. Nothig working for me