Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   LJ Work (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=30609)

kirkdavis 02-11-2017 12:39 PM

LJ Work

I can't figure it out. It was a Saturday that they built the berms, and today, a Saturday, they are out there again. I am confused on two fronts.
1. Why are they working weekends at a place that gets most of it's winter business on the weekend?
2. How much extra are these guys making by milking the job on the weekends?
The first day when they were building the berm it looked like they moved the sand several times when once would have worked. Looked like they were practicing their backhoe skills.

YakDout 02-11-2017 12:48 PM

Probably getting time and a half and double time on weekends. Especially if they're union.

taggermike 02-11-2017 05:55 PM

I've thought some thing along those lines too. They rebuilt the pump out box a few years ago. Smaller ugly concrete box to a larger less ugly box. The street got washed out and fixed. Then torn up and fixed again. Theyre cutting trenches and repiping too. Some ones making a bundle for sure. Mike

FISH11 02-12-2017 08:27 AM

Incompetent City of San Diego engineering, and cronyism with the construction companies for sure. Amazing how San Diego has had a history of City Government corruption for what seems like forever. Certainly goes back to the 60's and I'm sure even longer.

Deamon 02-17-2017 07:24 AM

I'm hoping that launch work gets destroyed. Heads need to ROLL! :the_finger:

kirkdavis 02-17-2017 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deamon (Post 275470)
I'm hoping that launch work gets destroyed. Heads need to ROLL! :the_finger:

Backhoe Boy is out there on overtime right now....either trying to prevent the destruction or just logging the hours for his new boat. It is truly amazing at the levels of incompetence that can be attained if you have the right people running the show.

driftwood 02-17-2017 08:04 AM

The previous pipes installed were prefab pipes which the seams busted. (Goop glue I'm guessing) The new pipes are now cement poured with rebar .

Don't expect this project to be finished by May....just ain't happing. Not with all this rain and this crew.

ful-rac 02-17-2017 08:56 AM

Gold mine in LJ?

The Hoffman crew is definitely going to find gold this time on the beach...In LJ! They might fix the drains while they're at it...

http://tvimpulse.com/images/Gold-Rus...ry-660x375.jpg

Baja_Traveler 02-17-2017 09:16 AM

Hmmm... Going to have to remember to bring up the camera tomorrow morning after the storm hits - they are calling for 1-2 inches on the coast starting tonight. My guess is that it will end up being one giant swimming pool backing up halfway up Playa the way that berm is dug.

MITCHELL 02-17-2017 11:06 AM

I was there a couple of days ago....

I see no problem wheeling my kayak from the big parking lot, or side steet...down the sidewalk/boardwalk.
..piss....stop at the bathrooms...wheel down 2 stairs to sand and launch at the null surf...

Deamon 02-17-2017 12:27 PM

Any engineer who designs a biofilter inside that system to catch debris from that part of LJ's watershed is an f-ng idiot. Just allow the Palm fronds and tree stumps to blow out into the ocean and enough with this "catch everything" nonsense. :the_finger:

makobob 02-19-2017 12:54 PM

Appears to be a NEW Childrens Wading Pool, to replace the one the seals stole????

kirkdavis 02-19-2017 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 275599)
Appears to be a NEW Childrens Wading Pool, to replace the one the seals stole????

That was my first thought too, MakoBob. Looks like the seals already used it for a toilet though.