Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   A Thank you! (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=22250)

janines.fishtales@cox.net 06-03-2014 04:41 AM

A Thank you!

I have heard over and over again, "time on the water, time on the water"...

I have been doing this kayak thing for about 3 years now, and have only been out to LJ maybe a handful of times. I HATE surf launching and landing, but it is truly a necessary evil if you want to catch a quality game fish, and I do.

Enter Mr Novatany. Even though the conditions we horrible (washing machine with added 15-20 kt gusts... BTW, I call BS on Surfline.com who said <1' @ 5-10kts! Liars!), I would fish with Will any time.

LOVES to fish, and a great buddy to have out there, as he could see I was nervous and kept a good eye out. So thank you for stickin close and knowing when it was time to go in. We tried but no one wanted to play. At least I got a little more "time on the water"! Next time when it's nice out!

Janine:cheers1:

William Novotny 06-03-2014 07:23 AM

It was my pleasure hun. At least the conversations were good even if the conditions were horrible. I remember thinking before you launched "this doesn't look so bad. the sets are a bit fast but small" then after 3 failed attempts at launching where I don't even know how I managed to stay upright, I was then thinking "shit I can't call it quits and leave her out there in this snot" managed to get out and at least we had a good paddle. Hand bilges really earned there keep yesterday.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

blitzburgh 06-03-2014 07:26 AM

Good stuff right there :cheers1: :luxhello:

FISH11 06-03-2014 08:35 PM

Hey Will, I remember looking at my watch around 12:30 and thinking this is about the time Will said he would be launching. I was out on the outer edges past the far kelp and things where getting really bad fast. I never did see you, but then I only saw like two other kayaks out far from the kelp. Definitely large washing machine chop and a lot of white caps. hope the weather inproves for the right surface conditions. Tight Lines. Mark

TJones 06-04-2014 03:17 PM

thanks for report

Be safe out there .

octico 06-04-2014 03:27 PM

I have to agree, Will is a great guy! One of nicest folks you will ever meet. My first time out on the water was with Will. :you_rock:

janines.fishtales@cox.net 06-04-2014 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by octico (Post 196762)
I have to agree, Will is a great guy! One of nicest folks you will ever meet. My first time out on the water was with Will. :you_rock:

x2!

j

William Novotny 06-04-2014 06:49 PM

Awwe shucks guys