Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Bass & Brew Official Thread! (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=18173)

wade 05-22-2013 12:16 PM

Bass & Brew Official Thread!

:reel::cheers1::reel:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2vn5jxw.jpg

MrPatrick 05-22-2013 12:19 PM

Thanks for the help in posting the flyer Wade. I think it came out pretty good.

Patrick 🎣🍻

MrPatrick 05-22-2013 12:22 PM

I've contacted "Lets Talk Hook Up" and Pete said he would mention it in the upcoming shows. I'll be in Boston this weekend so I won't be able to participate. Feel free to call them if you want to support the event.

YakMedic 05-22-2013 04:42 PM

The flyer looks good guys, I'm looking forward to the event. Especially the blood orange blonde :cheers1:

MrPatrick 05-28-2013 04:43 PM

It took a while, but I was able to get the total amount raised by the June 14 and 15th event at Chili's. A total of $536 was spent by people supporting the Bass and Brew 2013 event. This worked out to $80 being donated by Chili's to the Heart Association. Thanks to all for their support. This brings the total in cash donations to $230 so far. Thanks again, we're on our way.

Patrick 🍻

MrPatrick 05-31-2013 09:04 PM

new donations

Trader Joes has donated 3 cases of water for non drinkers and designated drivers. They also gave us 2 bags of their lump charcoal. Nice grade for grilling. We will have a couple of Webbers if you want to grill. I am supplying hotdogs. Trying to keep it easy for a first effort. If you want bring something, let everyone know.

Patrick :cheers1:

MrPatrick 06-01-2013 04:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
More cool stuff for the raffle.
UP Sports up in Oceanside donated the following items:
36" roof rack pads
A heavy duty dry bag
A paddle leash
And a paddle keeper
UP Sports self branded items are very good quality. He has some really nice seats, drift chutes, paddle leashes and more. When I went to pick up the items today, the brand new Fish and Dive he had for sale brought back many memories of my first kayak. If you are interested in a Cobra Kayak or a stand up paddle board give him a call. His sf branded SUP's are priced very well.
Thanks to George at UP Sports for his donation.
Attachment 9323

Patrick 🍻

MrPatrick 06-09-2013 05:53 AM

San Diego Grill Pros, located at Nordal and the 78, will be demoing a smoker with tri tip. They will also donate a new smoker of the model they are demoing.
Thanks to Jose the owner and his wife the CFO.

MrPatrick 06-09-2013 09:11 AM

Tatuna, the owner of Kelp Clothing is donating items for the event. Thank you Charles for your generosity.
I will post photos when the items arrive.
Great people, kayak anglers!

MrPatrick 06-09-2013 09:16 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This morning Vicky and I met up with DDwineguy, to get his donation. He donated a Thule Outrigger II and a set of crossbar pads.
Attachment 9393
David is one of the nicest guys you could meet. We had breakfast with him and his two wonderful daughters, Chloe and Emily. I showed Emily a cartoon photo app I have and here is the family cartoon style.
Attachment 9394
Thanks again David! Great seeing you and meeting your daughters.

Payrick

MrPatrick 06-11-2013 04:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I met with Mike Ryba of Reeb's today. I had contacted Reeb's at the beginning of this adventure and he was aboard as soon as I asked. He donated some sweet swag for the event. Spinner baits, weed less jigs, plastics and some stickers. We talked about BNB and how he was sorry he couldn't make it. He had to fish Cedros that weekend. I hope he has an amazing trip. Here are the lures.
Attachment 9409
I mentioned to him that I had some thoughts on a new line of lures and his eyes lit up and big smile came over his face. I hope he takes my ideas and does what we discussed. If he is able to do what we talked about it will be too cool. Sorry can't say what it is,but if they come out it might be big!
Great to meet you Mike and thanks for supporting The American Heart Association and the local fishing community.

Patrick

MrPatrick 06-12-2013 08:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, here it is , my favovorite fishing shirt of all time. Tattuna, owner of Kelp Clothing sent a box of shirts, hats and stickers. The shirts are fantastic and the Sheapshead is my size. I guess I'll have to try to win it in the raffle.
Attachment 9421
Thanks to Tattuna(Charles), for the cool swag!

Patrick

MrPatrick 06-12-2013 08:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks go out to Cal the owner of Blue Water Tackle in Solana Beach. Two $25 gift certificates and an assortment of lures and line.Attachment 9422
The Live Target lure looks real fishy!

Patrick

MrM 06-12-2013 08:42 PM

This is shaping up to be a fine event. Thank you for all your hard work! Looking forward to it..

MrPatrick 06-12-2013 08:48 PM

You're welcome everybody. I could not have done this much or received as many items as we have amassed without the help of my wife, Vicky. She has been awesome with helping organize, plan, setting up reminders and thinking outside the fishing sphere for donations.
Thanks Honey!

Patrick

captnblood34 06-13-2013 05:03 AM

Thank you MRS Patrick!

MrPatrick 06-16-2013 01:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
We have a smoker from San Diego Grill Pros. They will demonstrate it at the brewery with six Tri-tips for sampling.
Attachment 9446
Attachment 9447
Great unit, American made by a recent veteran.

Patrick

MrPatrick 06-16-2013 01:42 PM

Kayak Obsessions is bringing a Santa Cruz Raptor to demo.
https://www.google.com/search?q=sant...de5lh-8cr4M%3A
Thanks Brett
Patrick

MrPatrick 06-16-2013 01:44 PM

Well that didn't work.
Computer illiterate I am!

mtnbykr2 06-17-2013 07:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 9453

Like this one...see you all there!!!