Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   LJ 032007 PM (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=1769)

aguachico 03-21-2007 05:44 AM

LJ 032007 PM

Point was empty. Seas were flat. A stormed building on the outside hit as I launched. Wind to 20kn and rain. Almost an hour to paddle past the flag. No bait to be found except a lizard and rocksfish. The only other yaker drifted past me, he was goin in. I don't think he had to paddle to hit the beach.
Storm blew thru, still no bait. No fish. Good workout.

AC

Iceman 03-21-2007 07:24 AM

Yuck!

tylerdurden 03-21-2007 07:34 AM

Wow, two guys went out in that crap. Thats dedication :notworthy:. I went to the launch at 2:45 pm yesterday. The wind was blowing something awful out of the SSW on the beach, and the flag on the top of the hotel was flailing bad. I decided to not launch.

DBITE 03-21-2007 07:49 AM

I looked outside and decided it was a good day to go surf fishing. I saw one yaker paddling towards the launch from TP. Perch are pretty wide open if anyone is interested.

bigeye 03-21-2007 10:45 AM

Where are you fishing the perch and what tackle are you using? Thanks.Cris

madscientist 03-21-2007 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aguachico (Post 11596)
Point was empty. Seas were flat. A stormed building on the outside hit as I launched. Wind to 20kn and rain. Almost an hour to paddle past the flag. No bait to be found except a lizard and rocksfish. The only other yaker drifted past me, he was goin in. I don't think he had to paddle to hit the beach.
Storm blew thru, still no bait. No fish. Good workout.

AC

Hey Art, don't you check the weather forecasts?:D

aguachico 03-21-2007 12:07 PM

Quote:

Hey Art, don't you check the weather forecasts
Nah, I just check the wind report and swell report. Too many times I've relied on the internet weather only to hear that it was flat. I was able to fish for an hour and 30 minutes with no wind and pretty flat.

If I'd posted a pic of a toad bass or tail... you wouldn't be giving me shit huh? :rolleyes: Excluding the first 90minutes and the 10 gallons of water in the hull... it was all worth it.

madscientist 03-21-2007 01:28 PM

Agreed on the unreliablity of the weather forecasts. I've just become really sick of wind, so I'd need a little extra motivation to chnace it when it looks stormy.

DBITE 03-21-2007 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigeye (Post 11606)
Where are you fishing the perch and what tackle are you using? Thanks.Cris

I was using a flyrod and a 6lb spinning outfit that I use for bay bass. Small brown clousers on the flyrod and a motor oil colored grub on a sliding sinker for the spinning rod. I usually only bring the flyrod when I go for perch but I wanted to try for some halibut and I get pretty worn out casting the heavier halibut flys with a 6 weight. I usually fish between Scripps Pier and Blacks.

fishin steve 03-21-2007 06:06 PM

Thanks for the report Agua. I'll try to do my part in this miserable shit soon.

metalbob 03-21-2007 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBITE (Post 11600)
I looked outside and decided it was a good day to go surf fishing. I saw one yaker paddling towards the launch from TP. Perch are pretty wide open if anyone is interested.

That was my Dumb ass.. I believe .i was going for flat rock.( white Yak?)what a mother getting back to the shores:paddleersmilie: ...lesson learned, bail as soon as i see the horizon kinda looking sketchy,that or paddle out past the point so i may have the wind to my back...i trolled a lizard fish that got taken by something.... and it was my first solo trip out of LJ. had something take my Trolled lizard fish...im just gonna keep pluggin away.

METALBOB