Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   NPH 3-4-11 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=9588)

T Bone 03-05-2011 07:09 AM

NPH 3-4-11

3 Attachment(s)
Very slow day for me,but it is early for wide open bay fishing.I fished a gulp Jerk shad on a drop shot rig hoping for a legal hali'.I launched at the coast guard station(still a mess)and slowly worked my way towards the pavillion.I caught a short(16")butt by the growout pen.This was followed by a few shorter ones as the day went on.Caught a few lizards too including one very ambitious one.Drifted with the tide back to the C G station and towards the harbor mouth.No bait barge yet.A few bass and a few more missed strikes.Off the water by noon.I did get to use my new pheonix/calcutta combo,I really like it.

Yes I am lame enough to show you guys pics of small fish...

m1k3midg3 03-05-2011 10:32 AM

how cute! they are all so precious

T Bone 03-05-2011 12:36 PM

Halibut fishing should turn on when we are able to get bait from the barge.

Ohana 03-05-2011 07:14 PM

Thanks for the report.

I am going to fish the back bay on Sunday during the high to low tide.

Kevin

roby 03-10-2011 07:32 PM

I hope this is cool with you T Bone...

I was at NPH this weekend. It was slow for me too, but it was nice to be on the water. Below is a picture of the path....

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...g/P3060003.jpg

Gino 03-11-2011 06:01 PM

Give it 2-3 more weeks. Halibut will stack in.

Fish shallow 5 feet or so along the mud/sand flats. easy limits on live bait or a crankbait

since im yakless ima have to shore cast it, but soon they wont be to far away

mtnbykr2 03-11-2011 06:59 PM

looks like fun out there, thanks for the report, what's with the lizards this year? :reel:

SGV Rookie 03-11-2011 08:44 PM

Gino

Hey Gino, I like fishing Newport if you want to get out on a weekend, I'll drag along my OK Malibu two rigged up for single person with fish finder and Bait Tank for you. Just send a PM, I'm free on weekend mornings and Most Fridays. I can't let a fellow Baytuber go Yakless, although your shore fishing would probably catch more fish than me on a Yak. :cheers1:
Dave

Amish Ed 03-11-2011 09:50 PM

Thanks for the report. I've been wondering how it is there. I'm out with back problems for at least another month.

BrokeLoser 03-12-2011 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGV Rookie (Post 78335)
Hey Gino, I like fishing Newport if you want to get out on a weekend, I'll drag along my OK Malibu two rigged up for single person with fish finder and Bait Tank for you. Just send a PM, I'm free on weekend mornings and Most Fridays. I can't let a fellow Baytuber go Yakless, although your shore fishing would probably catch more fish than me on a Yak. :cheers1:
Dave

Dave thats very cool of you!
Man, their are some killer people on this site.

Gino 03-14-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGV Rookie (Post 78335)
Dave

Fishing from shore is tough, have to keep moving. (which is good all the walkings got me to drop 25lbs) Still wish i had the yak, but what good is a kayak without a car. My new car has a kayak rack on it :doh: so maybe its an omen for the future.

Ill take ya up on that offer! I live 2 minutes away from the water.
Let me find out when the bait barge comes in! Bait, beer and lunch is on me :you_rock:

speedydk 03-15-2011 04:27 AM

Bait barge is in not sure if they are open yet though.
Darren

T Bone 03-15-2011 07:21 AM

You mean they have installed the dog kennel? Cool!