Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   LJ Bathrooms (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=35210)

stevie951 05-18-2020 09:57 AM

LJ Bathrooms

Any one know if the bathrooms are closed due to corona? Thinking about Street Camping overnight soon just trying to figure out logistics or if I need a poo bucket too :rolleyes::D at that, any update on opening of parking lot for trailer parking?

jruiz 05-18-2020 10:21 AM

I'm not sure if it's still the case, the initiation to team sewer used to involve dropping a log on the water or some inconspicuous place. Remember to take pictures and have a witness, or else it doesn't count.

daperrin 05-18-2020 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevie951 (Post 307029)
Any one know if the bathrooms are closed due to corona? Thinking about Street Camping overnight soon just trying to figure out logistics or if I need a poo bucket too :rolleyes::D at that, any update on opening of parking lot for trailer parking?

I was thinking the same thing. Thinking of heading up Wed night but lack of bathrooms could be an issue. Its that or head out around 3:30am :( Want to be on the water at first light.

chris138 05-18-2020 01:05 PM

They were open yesterday... but aqua dump is always a viable option lol

TJones 05-18-2020 06:00 PM

Way to think ahead Stevie

You smart. :D how’s surf gonna be mid week? 3-5 ‘ 8 seconds?

Salty 05-18-2020 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJones (Post 307065)

South SD County showing decent swell combos all week.

Smallest is Thursday at 3-4'+:
WNW swell 2.2' @ 10 sec.
SSW swell 1.7 @ 14 sec.
WSW 1.4 @ 7 sec.

Nice tide push all morning from -0.3 @ 3:27am to a 3.6' @ 9:38am

Winds super light, about 2-3kts out of the NW building to 4-7kts around 9-10am.

Conditions for Friday are similar with slightly stronger winds in the morning. Tues. and Wed. surf is going to be much bigger, though winds on Wednesday go down to 0kts at 9am.
This is all for South SD county though, not necessarily LJ proper. But with that swell mix in the water, launching/landing will be interesting! Surfed Salt Creek today and it was THUMPING. Wouldn't want to be near that on a kayak lol

igotpron 05-18-2020 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJones (Post 307065)

So that means wear your depends because you might not be able to make the aqua dump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevie951 05-18-2020 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igotpron (Post 307080)
So that means wear your depends because you might not be able to make the aqua dump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly, what is this guy, a rookie!? Pull the drive and dump.. :doh:

:the_finger::the_finger:

kirkdavis 05-19-2020 05:46 AM

What if it's a floater?!?

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevie951 (Post 307082)

Some of you post about dumping in the drive well, and luckily I've never had one knockin' that needed let out that bad yet. My only concern doing that is, What if it's a floater? Gaff it and toss it over the side? Bring along a plunger to force it down? let it float like a dead guppie in a fishbowl?
Just curious how all of you drive hole dumpers handle it.

Salty 05-19-2020 11:29 AM

Try this! https://media.giphy.com/media/12OqFaUF0nD560/giphy.gif

jruiz 05-19-2020 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirkdavis (Post 307087)
Some of you post about dumping in the drive well, and luckily I've never had one knockin' that needed let out that bad yet. My only concern doing that is, What if it's a floater? Gaff it and toss it over the side? Bring along a plunger to force it down? let it float like a dead guppie in a fishbowl?

Scoop it with blade of your paddle and fling it at your buddy

TJones 05-19-2020 01:58 PM

One day at the BU

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevie951 (Post 307082)

I must have eaten something that didn't settle? I try to do my thing before heading out, and that day was like no other...... until about midday on the water. I had this feeling like I was gonna either shet my shorts or blow a wet fart. :p. so i'm trying to figure out how to drop my waders to knees, hang my coolo off side of yak, and blow mud without rolling. my stomach was really upset. so i'm washing up with some fresh salt water to clean up, and I turn around. one of the crew has got a go pro pointed straight up me. thanks be :notworthy: , his battery was dead or I would have been all up on Youtube. I won't mention any names of crew members. :rolleyes: I don't think you were there that day Stevie.

TJones 05-19-2020 02:01 PM

paddle like hell

Quote:

back flush everything out.:cheers1:

GregAndrew 05-19-2020 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jruiz (Post 307031)
I'm not sure if it's still the case, the initiation to team sewer used to involve dropping a log on the water or some inconspicuous place. Remember to take pictures and have a witness, or else it doesn't count.

Still a renewal requirement! Another sweet advantage to my Trident kayak is the "Log Pod" or Rod Pod? That and a "Disposa-John".

GregAndrew 05-19-2020 02:58 PM

Btw, the restrooms have been open the last few times I have been down there in the last month or so.

FullFlavorPike 05-19-2020 07:20 PM

just clean the waders after you catch your fish

daperrin 05-19-2020 08:16 PM

It's clear we've been locked up too long :drool5:

Hunters Pa 05-20-2020 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jruiz (Post 307121)
Scoop it with blade of your paddle and fling it at your buddy

Also known as the Team Sewer Salute

TJones 05-20-2020 06:55 AM

Did they crawl up in a hole?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunters Pa (Post 307150)
Also known as the Team Sewer Salute

where are they? they are not firing back nor defending themselves. :confused:
clearly, we need to get back out on the water
:D

chris138 05-20-2020 01:16 PM

Quote:

This guy said GAFF it LOL hahahaha

Bro, I wish my morning fishing dump was robust enough to gaff! That would be one hell of a log. :cheers1: