Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Don't Like!! (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=30429)

jorluivil 01-04-2017 07:33 PM

Don't Like!!

http://thewaterfrontredondo.com/the-plan.php

https://vimeo.com/144565832

alanw 01-04-2017 07:42 PM

TLDW

King Saba 01-04-2017 07:50 PM

I think I'd actually like a sandy launch instead but then again...

MITCHELL 01-05-2017 04:31 AM

Feeling like our kind....

Aren't wanted.....:jig:

Mahigeer 01-05-2017 07:02 AM

Not be the one who nitpicks (ok I do), but;

The producer of such clips and commercials, seem to never consult any fishermen.

There is a little girl overhead casting holding the rod backward.
There are “No overhead casting” signs on every other lamp post on that pier.

Thanks for the post.

Ro12 01-06-2017 12:21 AM

In that little girls defense
The dad
I think
Was also teaching her to reel it in backwards too
Right before the shot of her casting
Can't blame her
Nice to see someone tryin to teach a kid to fish though

Chuck D 01-06-2017 06:29 AM

Maybe you can set a deal with the new fresh market to sell them all your catch to support the new baby...

ful-rac 01-06-2017 07:32 AM

They want to introduce on the water fine dining to redondo beach...? Chef Ramsay would not be pleased....Fine dining with the stench of bird shit and seals...the rocks smell so bad that it would peal paint! :eek:

Reiner 01-06-2017 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahigeer (Post 273572)
Not be the one who nitpicks (ok I do), but;

The producer of such clips and commercials, seem to never consult any fishermen.

There is a little girl overhead casting holding the rod backward.
There are “No overhead casting” signs on every other lamp post on that pier.

Thanks for the post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ro12 (Post 273612)
In that little girls defense
The dad
I think
Was also teaching her to reel it in backwards too
Right before the shot of her casting
Can't blame her
Nice to see someone tryin to teach a kid to fish though

Also how do you cast a spinner without holding the line? Both of her hands were way back from the reel

Saba Slayer 01-06-2017 07:53 AM

Launch

I just wanna be able to launch my kayak and get some ice for my fish at Captain Kidds...

ful-rac 01-06-2017 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saba Slayer (Post 273623)
I just wanna be able to launch my kayak and get some ice for my fish at Captain Kidds...

Unfortunately Jim...that's not part of the plan....

The City managers call it "Progress".

TheBentRod 01-06-2017 10:26 AM

Parking

These plans make it difficult for kayakers, paddle boarders and others to just pull up and use the area. Where the heck is the parking lot? Is the parking only in the structure? I think you have to walk a long way after unloading your kayak, if you can unload your kayak. Chances are, you will have to wheel your kayak from the parking lot fully loaded. Not to mention when you come back in when more people are around.

When does construction start?

hiramehunter 01-06-2017 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBentRod (Post 273630)
These plans make it difficult for kayakers, paddle boarders and others to just pull up and use the area. Where the heck is the parking lot? Is the parking only in the structure? I think you have to walk a long way after unloading your kayak, if you can unload your kayak. Chances are, you will have to wheel your kayak from the parking lot fully loaded. Not to mention when you come back in when more people are around.

When does construction start?

I agree. There's so much use of the hand launch with kayaks, SUPs, and other small water crafts that it would be nice to have a place to drop off and park relatively close.
Also, what's going to happen when the sea lions take over the "seaside" beach area?? You know they're going to move in!
and like ful-rac said about the stench from the rocks is not going to make it appetizing.
I do think something needs to change but I'm not sure if they've thought thru everything. I also didn't see anything for launching of boats??? or did I miss that?

FISH11 01-06-2017 03:48 PM

City managers and politician don't give a SHIT about you or anybody else getting to enjoy mother nature or any city park or beach for free. When they can have a developer build shopping centers or condos that will increase any tax base on the property or surrounding areas. The more tax coming in, the more pet projects they get to play with, if not actually related to the construction companies or the developer. IT IS ALWAYS ABOUT THE MONEY!

TheBentRod 01-06-2017 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FISH11 (Post 273642)
City managers and politician don't give a SHIT about you or anybody else getting to enjoy mother nature or any city park or beach for free. When they can have a developer build shopping centers or condos that will increase any tax base on the property or surrounding areas. The more tax coming in, the more pet projects they get to play with, if not actually related to the construction companies or the developer. IT IS ALWAYS ABOUT THE MONEY!

For us little people without the power and money, we still have to find a way. Fortunately, I have a new Trident 15 and it opens up many beach launches for me. Hopefully. :):paddleersmilie:

Saba Slayer 01-06-2017 08:26 PM

boat ramp

There have been a number of informational community meetings held over the last couple of years in Redondo Beach about a boat ramp and it's various locations and designs.
A couple of months ago the Harbor Commission voted to have a ramp located in the area adjacent to the Harbor Patrol offices in "Moonstone Park" where the outrigger canoes are.
The Redondo Re-Development plan needs to get a Coastal Commission Permit before it can go forward and one of the last requirements is a boat ramp for public access. The last version I saw had about 30 trailer/vehicle parking spaces.
The supporters of the re-development claim the "blown-out to the open water" lagoon area will have access for kayakers and SUPs...but as someone said...I don't see any open parking areas nearby on the mock-ups in the video.
Guess we better do some more research...

jorluivil 01-06-2017 10:10 PM

I see a BLEM in this project

ful-rac 01-07-2017 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 273659)
I see a BLEM in this project

Yeah but they don't sell projects with blems....

tacmik 01-07-2017 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ful-rac (Post 273674)
Yeah but they don't sell projects with blems....

ALL projects are blems.