Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   La Jolla parking warning !!! (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=19798)

gary sullivan 10-12-2013 02:04 PM

La Jolla parking warning !!!

Just to let everyone know, a prime parking space on Avenida De La Playa is a red zone violation trap for anyone with a truck. It's the middle one of the three spaces available for all day parking on the block closet to the launch. I'm sure I've parked there many times in the past without a problem but two weeks ago I came back to my Dodge Dakota truck and found a red zone parking ticket on my windshield. As you can see from the picture I took the following day, most of the red paint on the curb has worn off .and someone's Toyota was also parked there illegally. After submitting pictures and explaining my side of the story via mail, I am still being held liable for the fine. If necessary, I will appeal it all the way to the Superior Court. If any of you have had the same experience parking there, I would be interested in knowing. Gary

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...t/DSC_1166.jpg

alanw 10-12-2013 03:23 PM

The way that paint is worn it seems like they added that section of paint at a different time than the original.

Fight them if you can until they allow the space big enough for a common length vehicle and stop discriminating against owners of non-compacts.

Ultimately though without a lawyer you will probably end up paying the ticket.

JohnnyCope 10-12-2013 04:45 PM

That is a damn big dent !

Aaron&Julie 10-12-2013 06:41 PM

Go get 'em Gary. Good luck, We think you'll win in the end. There is a very distinct line where it is ALL red. So was that vague red area an addition or a poor removal?

William Novotny 10-12-2013 07:11 PM

It looks to me like someone tried to scrape the paint to extend the parking spot.

easyday 10-12-2013 07:17 PM

All you need is some spray aircraft paint remover itll take it right off.

Jimmyz123 10-12-2013 09:04 PM

Looks like someone tried painting over the red, as someone else mentioned, however that does not mean the city did that, and unfortunately is what I've been told by traffic enforcers is a "Judgement" call by the ticketing officer. I wish you luck, and fight it as far as you can go. Maybe they will get tired of hearing about it and just let you off.

gary sullivan 04-28-2014 03:18 PM

I finally got my day in court this afternoon, six months after receiving the red zone parking citation. The justice system makes you have to jump through hoops before they admit they're wrong. The judge, after looking at all the pictures and associated explanations I previously submitted to the hearing officers, agreed with me and I was exonerated. I guess the judge figured if someone went to all this trouble to fight a $77.00 ticket they thought an injustice was done to them. After the street tear-up to the launch is done, it wouldn't surprise me if somehow that parking spot get's painted right. ;)

Gary

wiredantz 04-28-2014 03:37 PM

THAT RIGHT!!! FIGHT EVERYTHING IS MY MOTTO:you_rock:

GJ

makobob 04-28-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gary sullivan (Post 191943)
I finally got my day in court this afternoon, six months after receiving the red zone parking citation. The justice system makes you have to jump through hoops before they admit they're wrong. The judge, after looking at all the pictures and associated explanations I previously submitted to the hearing officers, agreed with me and I was exonerated. I guess the judge figured if someone went to all this trouble to fight a $77.00 ticket they thought an injustice was done to them. After the street tear-up to the launch is done, it wouldn't surprise me if somehow that parking spot get's painted right. ;)

Gary

Nice work Gary, that is a BIG WIN for the home team. Congratulations!!!

Cbad Mike 04-28-2014 05:44 PM

Right on!!! :cheers1:

alanw 04-28-2014 08:40 PM

Nice, sometimes we win one.

RookieYakker 04-28-2014 09:06 PM

Nice W! I thought a red zone ticket would have been higher to begin with!

bus kid 04-29-2014 05:53 AM

Nice one, way to tell the man to F' off!

addicted2sp33d 04-29-2014 06:49 AM

Good Job winning your case.

So many Taxpayer dollars wasted by that one officer who wrote a shady ticket! :mad: All those judges/attorneys/clerks/officers are not cheap.

Aaron&Julie 06-10-2014 07:30 PM

Congratulations Gary!!! We both thought you'd win and you fought the system and won. Well deserved. Funny that same morning we almost parked in that very spot, but didn't, fearing we'd have been in your shoes, and have to fight a ticket.