Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   LJ - 09/15 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=8309)

-scallywag- 09-15-2010 06:08 PM

LJ - 09/15

After crappy conditions for the tourny I thought y'all might need a little pick-me-up....conditions are good and with all the PB'ers burning fuel offshore we have it all to ourselves!!!! :luxhello:

Launched at grey light, small surf, light wind, quickly made a few greenies by the reserve buoy and off i went.

Water was clear and and losta bait puddling around on the surface....very fishy and only a few guys out....although I got the helmet, the weather was awesome and conditions looked prime for those of you who like trolling live bait but not paddling far.....go fish before the wind and surf come up in a couple days!!!

The conditions where so nice that I shot some video and posted it on my youtube channel, might be worth look?

:bandit:

Dennis 09-15-2010 06:17 PM

Thanks for the report. We were out Monday morning, and it definitely looked prime ready too pop!

tunaseeker 09-15-2010 06:44 PM

I am heading out tomorrow 0 for 2 so far. Hope to catch anything besides macs. Gonna try some bottom fishing for some spotties and or hali. If that does not work gonna try for the elusive YT again... I am sure the seal have a target on me. See ya there tomorrow around 0730 ish.:linesnap:

h2ofishfo 09-15-2010 07:18 PM

was out yesterday hooked 4 numskull threshers

roadx 09-15-2010 08:05 PM

im sidelined for two weeks due to being on standby at work. go get'm while the weather is nice. :the_finger:

newguy01 09-15-2010 09:43 PM

fri maybe

ill try fri if i get off early from work,,,,,,:)

bigbarrels 09-16-2010 08:11 AM

scallywag: can you post the link to your youtube video? :cheers1:

DESTROYER 09-16-2010 11:47 AM

look under ljscallywag on youtube and you can see J's videos.

bigbarrels 09-16-2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DESTROYER (Post 64932)
look under ljscallywag on youtube and you can see J's videos.

thanks, on my way:)

tunaseeker 09-16-2010 06:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
went out today about 900 and it was nice out there. Lots of life on the water. A lot of mac schools, I think they were macs? Saved them for bait but they died in the bait tube. So chopped them up for kelp fishing. Threw an iron on light tackle by the schools and hooked up, 45 min fight later sanpped the line.... Switched to the heavy tackle and same thing again. 30 min later had what ever it was near the yak and it broke away, in front of the condo. It was diving straight down... Not side to side. It almost pulled me out of the yak on 65 lb braid with a 30 lb leader. Nice out there today. Was using blue/white irons with squid, they were biting. Lost a small iron on the 20 lb line. Caught a few spotties and called it a day. Saw a large man of war on the way to the bouy.:cheers1:

Stan K G 09-16-2010 06:37 PM

now that's some white seabass bait

BTF_David 09-16-2010 06:59 PM

I am set to head out early tomorrow as well. Try to get some fishing in and back in by 9AM.

Hoping for some luck. If not, at least there's the Macs to play with. :D