Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Other Kayak Fishing Tournaments (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   HALIBUT TOURNEY San Quintin 11 JUNE 2016 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=28001)

makobob 01-22-2016 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joezee1986 (Post 251953)
What did I get myself into lol!?

MAYBE the most fun and best fishing you have seen in years. MAYBE NOT.

makobob 01-22-2016 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joezee1986 (Post 251953)
What did I get myself into lol!?

YOU just got DAWGed. Yes the last free bed goes to Svendawg. Should be quite a dog fight with Deamon bringing SQUID. Winner will get at least $100 and that should grow.

joezee1986 01-22-2016 04:53 PM

Side bets for any other species? My buddy got 115 lb black seabass in the bay last year.

makobob 01-22-2016 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joezee1986 (Post 251958)
Side bets for any other species? My buddy got 115 lb black seabass in the bay last year.

Thats up to you guys, two 70+ WSB caught there last June.

makobob 03-18-2016 07:16 AM

Rossman just confirmed, so that makes 6 to fish the tournament with lots of time left to sign up. Who's next? San Quentin is not as hot as the Sea of Cortez, June is normally in the mid 70's. Pismo clams and oysters are caught locally and taste awesome. Tight Lines.

makobob 03-31-2016 12:34 PM

Just a couple months away. Sign up soon as rooms at Don Eddies are going fast. Hope to see you all there.

Deamon 04-04-2016 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossman (Post 251856)
I'm gonna try to come up and play. If the surf is a right I am going to work the El Soccorro area for a couple days before or after. I'll pay up when my schedule is a little more firm.

Ross...MAN! Can you pre-fish Socorro then take me down after this dumb little tournament?

Quote:

Originally Posted by svendawg;
I'm going so I can get a bigger Butt than Jim

Dawg...ummm...just saw this and ummmm...your butt is already bigger than mine...no matter how much you diet, it'll ALWAYS be bigger than mine, pal.

Jim

rossman 04-04-2016 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deamon (Post 257663)
Ross...MAN! Can you pre-fish Socorro then take me down after this dumb little tournament?

Dawg...ummm...just saw this and ummmm...your butt is already bigger than mine...no matter how much you diet, it'll ALWAYS be bigger than mine, pal.

Jim

Absolutely can hit Socorro while you are down. Very much swell dependent for launching there. Buddy who lives in San Quintin yaked up a nice croaker just inside the bay last week. Looked to be 50+

captnblood34 04-04-2016 06:31 PM

Had to pull out, work roped me in. So bummed this will be a great one! Bob I'll be on another in the fall!

makobob 04-24-2016 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captnblood34 (Post 257733)
Had to pull out, work roped me in. So bummed this will be a great one! Bob I'll be on another in the fall!

Sorry Jay, sometimes life just gets in the way. Maybe next year.
How about the rest of you so called Butt Buddies? All KAYAK HALIBUT fishermen are invited, even the highly talented members from TEAM SEWER and ANY FLY FISHERMEN.
The day AFTER the tourney some of us will head south for about a week to stock the freezers. All are welcome, just contact me. I will be gone in a week for Kentucky so it might take a while for me to get back to you. Tight lines.

makobob 05-14-2016 12:52 PM

LESS than a month away, we have the tournament THEN a few days to fill the coolers. Time to confirm. I will have to get cooking stove and other items together and picked up from Gonzaga soon so please CONFIRN that you are still in, except for Jay. For MY meal I will be doing Alfredo shrimp with garlic bread and a green salad.

rossman 05-14-2016 02:13 PM

I am still in Bob. I will have a houseguest that will also be in. I'll Paypal you another entry fee next week. Since I will not be traveling alone, I will not be sharing a room with you that I think I remember you offering. Probably camp a good bit of time and maybe a room closer to the launch for a couple nights. Welcome back amigo.

makobob 05-14-2016 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossman (Post 261174)
I am still in Bob. I will have a houseguest that will also be in. I'll Paypal you another entry fee next week. Since I will not be traveling alone, I will not be sharing a room with you that I think I remember you offering. Probably camp a good bit of time and maybe a room closer to the launch for a couple nights. Welcome back amigo.

Thanks, can i have the name of your guest please.

rossman 05-15-2016 03:06 AM

Hey Bob

I Paypal'd you the fee for my guest. You don't show me as paid but I sent you my entry on 3/18. Let me know if you didn't receive it.

makobob 05-15-2016 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossman (Post 261209)
Hey Bob

I Paypal'd you the fee for my guest. You don't show me as paid but I sent you my entry on 3/18. Let me know if you didn't receive it.

Got both thanks. Will see you there and we can firm up THANKSGIVING. Tight Lines.

makobob 05-20-2016 04:22 PM

THREE WEEKS and counting. $200 in the kitty winner take all. Biggest Butt. Most of us proceeding to surrounding area in search of Tanker WSB, Reds, Lings to fill freezer and to DONATE to HOW. Sign up NOW!!!

makobob 05-22-2016 06:38 PM

The pot now stands at $225, who will be the FIRST to put an "International Halibut Tournament WINNER" behind their name????? Still no FLY Fishermen? Tight Lines.

makobob 06-05-2016 10:23 AM

San Quintin Halibut Trip

I will be leaving my place in Vista and arriving the border crossing around 5am on FRIDAY morning, with Deamon, Romspaenut, we will stop and get FMM as needed. See you guys there or at Don Eddies in San Quintin. Tight Lines.
Makobob 760-692-7276.

makobob 06-09-2016 11:41 AM

LAST CALL

Ross and Zed nailed a dozen butts TODAY in SAn Quintin while pre fishng for Saturdays Tournament.
LAST CALL, there be butts biting NOW. Hope to see you there. You will need to pre pay in cash at Don Eddies before 5am Saturday. Tight lines. $225.00 as of now.

Denis_Ruso 06-14-2016 09:04 AM

Where's the report?! dying to hear how the tournament went!