Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Thoughts on third party Wheelez carts? (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=31866)

King Saba 09-05-2017 10:04 PM

Thoughts on third party Wheelez carts?

Now I know Wheelez are great and all, but my god are they pricey. I found this alternative on Amazon. Anyone here use it? the reviews suggest that it's worthwhile.

https://www.amazon.com/Balloon-Tire-...balloon+wheels

octico 09-06-2017 06:44 AM

Wow they look legit

jorluivil 09-06-2017 07:08 AM

there's only one way to find out

Mahigeer 09-06-2017 07:09 AM

They look good, but only time will tell.

Customer service, etc. are important too.

TJones 09-06-2017 07:27 AM

Warranty

Would be my only concern. The wheel looks like one piece construction as opposed to multi piece combination. I broke a hub with wheel eez carrying loaded pro angler and was able to order new hub / bearing . It was costly because hubs are sold in pairs, but it can be done. Also if you puncture wheel itself, it can also be purchased individually. Expensive, but it can be done. Cart construction looks the same or pretty much standard as as the competition. If replacement parts are readily available, I would say go for it. Hope this helps.

Dave Voigt 09-06-2017 07:58 AM

I have a Thresher 155 and loaded it's pretty heavy I'm 71 and was having trouble pulling it across the sand at Tidelands Park with the small tires on my old cart.
I bought this cart about 5 months ago and it made it so much easier to pull the boat up the beach.It's well made and I've had no problems so far.

When I recieved the cart one wheel was deformed and out of round.
I called Salamannder , sent them a picture of the wheel and had a replacement in 4 days no hassle at all.

TJones 09-06-2017 08:28 AM

Deformed

I experienced same situation on my first set of wheel eez due to over inflation. Tire pressure should be only 2-3 psi. I was using smaller wheels trying to carry loaded revo and/or outback at separate time of corse.

King Saba 09-06-2017 10:31 PM

Good stuff. I'll probably grab the cart then. With my Adventure now it's becoming a real chore to plow through the sand on my cheap $30 cart.

fourtogo 09-08-2017 02:11 PM

Wheels

I bought a set of tires online , Malone wheels large size for sand $109

T-Rex 09-08-2017 03:47 PM

Don't know anything about the 3rd party imitations, but the Wheeleez cart is one of the best things I've bought for the kayak --as easy to use on sand as my home made cart was on pavement. :doh:

monstahfish 09-08-2017 09:40 PM

These wheels are rotomolded while the wheeleez are blow molded. This makes them significantly heavier and thicker. As a result, they don't have the same stretch to crawl over the sand. That being said, they're probably better than what you are using now so it depends on the price delta and your willingness to spend money on something that will last longer(keep in mind the frame on the wheeleez cart probably also is higher quality materials) vs a better price short term.

King Saba 09-09-2017 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monstahfish (Post 285660)
These wheels are rotomolded while the wheeleez are blow molded. This makes them significantly heavier and thicker. As a result, they don't have the same stretch to crawl over the sand. That being said, they're probably better than what you are using now so it depends on the price delta and your willingness to spend money on something that will last longer(keep in mind the frame on the wheeleez cart probably also is higher quality materials) vs a better price short term.

I was just about to order the cart and now you got me second guessing my decision now. Jeez...

monstahfish 09-09-2017 09:25 PM

Sorry just giving you the best input I can. :D Malone uses the same wheels on their cart so they're probably fine, but the wheeleez are definitely superior.

King Saba 09-09-2017 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monstahfish (Post 285695)
Sorry just giving you the best input I can. :D Malone uses the same wheels on their cart so they're probably fine, but the wheeleez are definitely superior.

lol I appreciate all that I can get.