Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   La Jolla, Wed. 6/9 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=25809)

shawny 06-09-2015 02:24 PM

La Jolla, Wed. 6/9

Launching out of LJ tomorrow - anybody else going? Would be nice to have a buddy to watch each others' kayaks as we park our cars and/or launch out together with. Shoot me a PM or reply here if so. I'll be in an olive Revo, btw. Thanks!

octico 06-09-2015 02:29 PM

I think you mean 6/10?

shawny 06-09-2015 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by octico (Post 230022)
I think you mean 6/10?

:doh:Oops yes! Wednesday, 6/10. Thanks!

YakDout 06-09-2015 04:26 PM

If the wind is anything like it was today, I wouldn't go personally.

ironcross6921 06-09-2015 05:57 PM

Today was a bust, nothing was biting (unless you count monster greenies) and with the wind and swells made for a choppy day. Might try again this sunday as conditions look favorable.

svendawg 06-09-2015 06:19 PM

NOAA weather report for tomorrow

Wednesday

S wind 5 to 10 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Patchy fog before noon. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.

Doesn't look to bad. Am I missing something

YakDout 06-09-2015 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakDout (Post 230037)
If the wind is anything like it was today, I wouldn't go personally.

Hey Sven, I hadn't checked yet for tomorrow. But today at work wind was howling from the remnants of hurricane blanca. Not sure if it will trickle into tomorrow, but your source it pointing to no.

svendawg 06-09-2015 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakDout (Post 230050)
Hey Sven, I hadn't checked yet for tomorrow. But today at work wind was howling from the Not sure if it will trickle into tomorrow, but your source it pointing to no.

Yes, on the fence about tomorrow, maybe I'll wait till Thursday'
It looked like it was going to rain today here in Wildomar, so your proberbly right about the remnants of hurricane blanca.

easyday 06-09-2015 07:18 PM

Irvine lake has some big cats being pulled out of it right now. An alternative?

ful-rac 06-09-2015 07:36 PM

...hmmmm Irvine lake catfish huh...?

LEEZO 06-09-2015 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svendawg (Post 230051)
Yes, on the fence about tomorrow, maybe I'll wait till Thursday'
It looked like it was going to rain today here in Wildomar, so your proberbly right about the remnants of hurricane blanca.

Sven, went out yesterday (monday) 7hrs. on the water lots of bait but slim pickins. thurs might be better. good luck!

sdfishin..alex 06-09-2015 08:35 PM

I was thinking of heading out myself pm if your going to go out!

Scorch 06-09-2015 09:02 PM

Wednesday

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawny (Post 230021)
Launching out of LJ tomorrow - anybody else going? Would be nice to have a buddy to watch each others' kayaks as we park our cars and/or launch out together with. Shoot me a PM or reply here if so. I'll be in an olive Revo, btw. Thanks!

I am going out late morning Ill be in a olive revolution thanks Jeff

svendawg 06-10-2015 07:54 AM

Conditions

How about a report on conditions and fish report for those that went out today

shawny 06-10-2015 07:56 PM

Launched out today around 10am, made bait (pretty tough making bait today, not sure if it was just me), and threw out greenies all day for nada. Slow day. But don't take my word for it, I'm a newbie - today was literally my first time fishing the Jewel.. :P

In terms of weather.. Since I haven't fished LJ before I don't have a comparison to make, but imo it was a beautiful day. Despite what the others said about wind, I thought it was totally fine. Slightly windy in the early afternoon (but totally manageable), but by late afternoon 3-4pmish, the sun started to come out a bit, and it was a glassy sea out there. Surf was pretty small, and waves were manageable. Overall, a beautiful day! Glad I made it out.

Thanks again for those who were out there today who lent me a helping hand (I was the guy in the blue jacket) and were friendly/waved hello. Was nice to see a few others out there today trying their luck - from what it seemed to me, it was a slow day for all of us, but I could be wrong (only action I observed was a guys' clicker going off, but whatever bit didn't commit).

svendawg 06-10-2015 08:18 PM

Thanks

Thanks for the report.
Keep at it with time on the water you'll get your YT.

fishnfoool 06-10-2015 09:27 PM

My friend and I launched around 530 and came in at around 400. Bait was really tough. He managed one super mac early and put it on dropper loop. Around 7 he hooks up and after about ten minutes, a 60-70 pound BSB comes up. Other than that, nothing else for the rest of the day.

Weather and waves was fantastic. Super easy.