Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Does your transducer go tick tick tick ???? (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=10450)

IB Fish"N" 06-05-2011 10:23 AM

Does your transducer go tick tick tick ????

Just got a Lowrance Elite 5 GPS/FF mounted the transducer inside my Hobie Revo behind the sail mast with a wet mount. When unit is on the transducer makes a tick tick tick sound and the screen has a slight glich to it with the ticking. Anyone else have this problem and if so how do you stop it?

ikrash 06-05-2011 10:49 AM

It would be a problem if it didn't tick...the ticks are sonar pulses..or at least represent them..

wiredantz 06-05-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikrash (Post 85700)
It would be a problem if it didn't tick...the ticks are sonar pulses..or at least represent them..

Mine tick when it doesn't have enough wAter

jorluivil 06-05-2011 12:23 PM

Ticks are good

flydigital 06-05-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IB Fish"N" (Post 85697)
Just got a Lowrance Elite 5 GPS/FF mounted the transducer inside my Hobie Revo behind the sail mast with a wet mount. When unit is on the transducer makes a tick tick tick sound and the screen has a slight glich to it with the ticking. Anyone else have this problem and if so how do you stop it?

200khz can't really be heard (by me anyway!) but the 83/50khz easily can. If you are having "glitching" every pulse I think you may be referring to interference from another nearby sonar. Another FF'd kayaker or boat within 50 yards or so. If it's vertical random lines every pulse anyway. Completely normal.

Other than that, maybe check your install, make sure you have no air or grime under the transducer and you have enough liquid, and that your head unit is set to the right transducer (not sure if Elite has that option but worth a check).

dmrides 06-05-2011 02:21 PM

Also make sure your battery is not too close to either the transducer and/or transducer cable.

yakrider 06-05-2011 02:23 PM

as previously mentioned...
the ticking is the sonar...
I have the 522c igps and with the wet mount it ticked like crazy...
annoying for sure...but you'll get used to it...
I now have the P319 tx and I cannot hear it...
way better!

IB Fish"N" 06-05-2011 07:09 PM

Thanks guys i'll try moving the battery away its in a pelican box on the other side of the sail mast inside maybe that is the problem. Wires are away from transducer.

umtduckhead 06-05-2011 07:15 PM

also some times the sonar pics up the mirage drive fins... so be careful about that too

IB Fish"N" 06-05-2011 07:31 PM

Didn't seem to have any problem with it picking up mirage drive had a great picture. Even picks up a 4inch swim bait as i move it up and down.