Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Marine Goop... (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=14909)

cowboybill 08-21-2012 06:45 PM

Marine Goop...

I hope this is not a repeat... But for those out there who cant find marine goop.. In a pinch, the Plumbers goop, RV goop... And I am just certain even shoe goo is all the same stuff... It is all polyurethane glue. And darn good stuff I might add!

I have used them all, and they all work, smell(careful!) and look exactly the same... and they all stick and stretch the same..

I even mixed some on a job... and later couldn't tell one from the other.

Just a note..

Cowboybill:cheers1:

TEAMFISH 08-21-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowboybill (Post 130275)
I hope this is not a repeat... But for those out there who cant find marine goop.. In a pinch, the Plumbers goop, RV goop... And I am just certain even shoe goo is all the same stuff... It is all polyurethane glue. And darn good stuff I might add!

I have used them all, and they all work, smell(careful!) and look exactly the same... and they all stick and stretch the same..

I even mixed some on a job... and later couldn't tell one from the other.

Just a note..

Cowboybill:cheers1:

But we all like paying more for something that say's "marine" on it.:rolleyes:

Seriously, that's good info to know if your in a pinch.

jorluivil 08-21-2012 07:07 PM

I bought Plumbers Goop at Home Depot because they didn't have Marine Goop, couldn't tell the difference between the two, to date its still holding its own.

bus kid 08-21-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 130278)
I bought Plumbers Goop at Home Depot because they didn't have Marine Goop, couldn't tell the difference between the two, to date its still holding its own.

Wait a min, I though plummers goop was that stuff that comes from plummers crack. :eek:

lowprofile 08-21-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bus kid (Post 130291)
Wait a min, I though plummers goop was that stuff that comes from plummers crack. :eek:

was thinking along the same lines for marine goop... i was about to offer my services.

bus kid 08-21-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowprofile (Post 130294)
was thinking along the same lines for marine goop... i was about to offer my services.

thats not goop, Uncle Sam has been having his way with you. :D

gupppy 08-22-2012 04:01 AM

If you take a look at their technical data sheet (from what I can tell so far since I'm on my iPhone) differences include plumbers not being uv resistant however the plumbers goop's tensile strength is 300lb/sq-in higher than marine goop (3800 vs 3500) in case it makes a difference to you.