Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Bluefin safe to eat? (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=25111)

driftwood 03-31-2015 02:40 PM

Bluefin safe to eat?

Is Bluefin still safe to eat? You decide...

Is Tuna Safe to Eat Post Fukushima? | The Healthy Home ...

Reel Anxious 03-31-2015 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driftwood (Post 223998)

Gabe,
With out a doubt you are the best sand dab and small rock cod fishermen on BWE.
I just don't understand your concern with bluefin. :rolleyes:

driftwood 03-31-2015 05:21 PM

Hey Paul...
Between the LA smog and all the mercury found in Yellowtail and radiation found in tuna I might as well stick to what I do best. Sand dab fishing and bottom fishing for rock cod.

Hey, at least they are not contaminated :p

YakDout 03-31-2015 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driftwood (Post 224014)
Hey Paul...
Between the LA smog and all the mercury found in Yellowtail and radiation found in tuna I might as well stick to what I do best. Sand dab fishing and bottom fishing for rock cod.

Hey, at least they are not contaminated :p

Says who? Doesn't shit settle to the bottom of the ocean?:doh:

bolocop 03-31-2015 05:37 PM

Is there any science in the article? Tissue samples to monitor for radiation? Sounds like fear based on a lot of assumptions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by driftwood (Post 223998)

YakDout 03-31-2015 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bolocop (Post 224017)
Is there any science in the article? Tissue samples to monitor for radiation? Sounds like fear based on a lot of assumptions.

+1.

I personally would be worried about many things in this country before a stray bluefin tuna with 3 eyes. Hopefully with the surplus of Tuna due to people afraid of eating it, prices will go down for me at my favorite sushi restaurants.

:D

bubblehide 03-31-2015 06:06 PM

Didn't we have a 50 page thread on this a while back.

YakDout 03-31-2015 06:19 PM

I think it was closer to 150

alanw 03-31-2015 06:23 PM

Probably safer than anything that comes out of San Diego Bay! :eek:

driftwood 03-31-2015 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubblehide (Post 224023)
Didn't we have a 50 page thread on this a while back.

Yeah but that was 2011...From what I understand the population of Blue fin tuna has dropped significantly. Kind of makes you think why? Bluefin tuna migrate right in the middle of Japan's toxic plume. I'm just saying...

YakDout 03-31-2015 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driftwood (Post 224026)
Yeah but that was 2011...From what I understand the population of Blue fin tuna has dropped significantly. Kind of makes you think why? Bluefin tuna migrate right in the middle of Japan's toxic plume. I'm just saying...

Couldn't have anything to do with the Japanese seiners? You know, the guys who have no limits on the giant nets of BFT they pull up everyday. The same culture that catch sharks, cut off the fins for soup and throw the animal back in the water to die...

Reel Anxious 03-31-2015 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driftwood (Post 224026)

Hey Gabe, Lets not get too crazy with a conspirasy theory. Just sayin :boxing_smiley:

LBKayakDude 03-31-2015 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakDout (Post 224019)
+1.

I personally would be worried about many things in this country before a stray bluefin tuna with 3 eyes.

:D

Lol I think I'd still eat him, three eyes or two 😋

FISH11 03-31-2015 07:35 PM

Why are you going to worry about whatever fish might have when they swim around a very large and open ocean. I would worry more about the fish caught in our bays exposed to all they lead based paint and other bad thing that we have allowed companies to poison us with over the decades, in the name of making a buck. I worry more about the shit we get fed by fast food mega companies like MacDonalds and others because they are not alone. I would rather eat fish from the ocean than a burger from MacDs.

Silbaugh4liberty 03-31-2015 07:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reel Anxious (Post 224031)
Hey Gabe, Lets not get too crazy with a conspirasy theory. Just sayin :boxing_smiley:

Lol, don't even get me started on the "conspiracy theories", or should I say "conspiracy facts"!

I ate some bluefin last year and I ain't glowin. I'd be more worried about the food you eat that the FDA approves. Don't about 100,000 or so people die every year from "FDA APPROVED DRUGS"??

I'm ready for more tuna!!!!!Attachment 15116

driftwood 03-31-2015 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FISH11 (Post 224035)
Why are you going to worry about whatever fish might have when they swim around a very large and open ocean. I would worry more about the fish caught in our bays exposed to all they lead based paint and other bad thing that we have allowed companies to poison us with over the decades, in the name of making a buck. I worry more about the shit we get fed by fast food mega companies like MacDonalds and others because they are not alone. I would rather eat fish from the ocean than a burger from MacDs.

Yeah I hear you. I guess it really doesn't matter about eating too much Bluefin. I have a feeling the bag limit is gonna go way down and Mexico will probably but a band on the Bluefin like last year. CK the link below.

https://cdfwmarine.wordpress.com/201...ulations-2015/

Kayak_Bernie 04-01-2015 10:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just in case you were thinking about eating the spotties out of SD bay, this paper should give you pause. Mission Bay has less historic pollution and was not subject to the high levels of pollutants that come along with a ship yard and waterside industry. I would eat a spottie out of Mission, but not out of SD Bay. Hopefully more research can be done to see if things have been cleaned up since the samples were taken in the late 80 and early 00's.

Fiskadoro 04-01-2015 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kluts (Post 178853)
The worst scenario is being played out as we speak,There is no solution to this tripple meltdown,with the fuel melted down into 100 ton blobs all the way through the containment vessels in THREE reactors, and deep into the ground.With a constant round the clock river of water being poured on the reactors as well as the groundwater flowing through it for the last 3 years,and probably the next 100.Whithin the year 2014 we will start seeing the radioactive water in southern cal waters,and after that for the rest of our lifetimes.The pros and cons can say what they will,but those are the facts,make up your own mind and hope the NRC doesnt hide the true radiation readings,as they watch it burn for the next century

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeyfishturds (Post 178844)
You are entitled to your opinion, just as everyone is. He only said it could happen. He studied nuclear physics, did you? ....... It's good that we all through out these points of view, it's the best way to find the answers.

Experts have spoken :cheers1: