Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Newport, 10-10-11 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=11658)

Amish Ed 10-11-2011 03:21 PM

Newport, 10-10-11

Well not much to say about yesterday except it sucked for me. 6-10:30am for nada. I was skunked for the first time in years. I tried every color I had, changed up speeds and changed patterns for nothing. Steve got a couple legals and some shorts. That just made it more frustrating. There wasn't much for tidal movement, but the wind stayed down. Water was 63º and not much Red Tide at all.

The redeeming part of the day was my trip to Shimano. I took in my 10yr old Curado 200SF for a much needed service and they told me they didn't have parts for it any more and I'd have to take it to Savon tackle. I wasn't too thrilled as no one beats Shimano's $25 service (last time they replaced all the gears, bearings and drag washers for $25). Then the guy asks me to hold on a minute and goes in the back. He comes back out and says I can use the old one for credit and get the new Curado 200G6 for $116 (new it's $159). So, next month when they get the new model in stock I'll be shipped a new one. SWEET. The new ones are super solid (feels like a Chronarch when you put it in gear) and a lot smaller too. Can't wait for my new toy.

xpresso2am 10-11-2011 03:25 PM

May I ask where Shimano is at??? I want to go

Amish Ed 10-11-2011 03:46 PM

It's in Irvine near Bake and Muirlands. They should have the address on their website.

45king 10-11-2011 03:52 PM

I fished Saturday for minimal results. I don't know what it is but Newport hasn't been hot at all for me as of lately.

Amish Ed 10-11-2011 04:02 PM

Newport always is tough this time of year, but yesterday for me was the worse I've had in years.

DanaPT 10-11-2011 05:51 PM

still waiting on shimano. . .

I've a bait-caster in their possession for about 5 weeks. I knew it needed parts but .. .

They may be close and relatively inexpensive, but they are slow!

I'm calling on Thurs.

mtnbykr2 10-12-2011 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaPT (Post 97584)
I've a bait-caster in their possession for about 5 weeks. I knew it needed parts but .. .

They may be close and relatively inexpensive, but they are slow!

I'm calling on Thurs.

I have had a couple in for repair before, and usually if it is too bad, and it takes this long, you will probably end up with a replacement reel...that's usually the delay

fishsouthcounty 10-13-2011 02:21 PM

i took in my TLD star 20/40 and two corvalus a couple weeks back...payed 80 for the service on the 3(30, 25x2) and 2 weeks later got a call saying the TLD was ready for pickup...show up and they tell me that they were just going to order 2 new corvalus and they'd ship them to my house when they arrived at Shimano Irvine. So for 80 i got the service plus two brand new corvalus....great customer service if i do say so myself.

mtnbykr2 10-13-2011 04:47 PM

I don't wanna sy I told you so, but, I told you so...nice surprise huh...very good customer service,
Hey ,I will give you a shout if I can make it down...the wife wants to go that way...

fishsouthcounty 10-13-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtnbykr2 (Post 97841)
I don't wanna sy I told you so, but, I told you so...nice surprise huh...very good customer service,
Hey ,I will give you a shout if I can make it down...the wife wants to go that way...

Ya you were right. Definitely good folks over there.

Ya keep me posted.